Post-GotG3: Your Top 3 MCU Trilogies and Quadrilogies

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
So this thread includes Guardians, Avengers and Thor 4.

Here are the candidates...

Ant-Man Trilogy
Avengers Quadrilogy
Captain America Trilogy
Guardians of the Galaxy Trilogy
Iron Man Trilogy
MCU Spider-man Trilogy
Thor Quadrilogy

Rank your top 3, please.

1. Captain America Trilogy
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Trilogy
3. Avengers Quadrilogy

If only Age of Ultron was better, it would have been #1.

1. Avengers
2. Captain America
3. Guardians

These are the only three which imo are truly good or great all the way through.

4. Spider-man (Adored the first one, loved the last one, largely disappointed by the middle one)
5. Ant-man (Liked the first one, loved the last one, bored to tears by the middle one)
6. Thor (Ragnarok is funnish, but I have major issues with it, L&T is better but still has lots of issues, don't care about the other two much at all)
7. Iron Man (only one good movie, and I don't really think Iron Man is even close to being one of the best MCU movies)

1) Captain America. TFA is your average formulaic fun MCU flick but the qualities of TWS and CW are so staggeringly high that its propelled easily in the top spot.

2) Guardians. To quote our good friend Baron Zemo: "It is a masterpiece, James. Complete, comprehensive."

3) Spider-Man Trilogy. Despite my major issues with lots of the adaptation choices, they're still fun romps, and Garfield's perfect Spider-Man in NWH is top tier enough to lift any trilogy.

Avengers - AoU has been made more relevant by follow on projects, but even before that 1 then 3/4 were just spectacles to behold
Captain America - Cap's stories were just really compelling, from intro to what was pretty much an Avengers 2.5 movie
Guardians - while the second movie may not be as strong there's not a bad film in this grouping

Iron Man 1 was so good then the others just never seemed to get back to the same level
Thor Ragnarok was the best of them 1 was standard, 2 wasn't great, and 4 seemed to have some trouble finding itself
Ant Man - This was another that started well and did ok. In fact I think the third got more hate from critics than it should've. It was a fun ride if seemingly a little unfinished towards the end.
Spider-Man - Honestly I never loved the 1st 2. I liked Holland in the other films but his movies and supporting characters save Ned and Aunt May (except for her ending) never really sat well with me. I did like the 3rd the best of all though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"