Favourite marvel movie phase?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I love them all but I've really enjoyed phase 3 because they're at their most confident and experienced.

So the list is

Phase 1 - iron man, Thor, captain America, the Incredible Hulk, iron man 2, the avengers
Phase 2 - iron man 3, thor: the dark world, captain America: the winter soldier, guardians of the galaxy, avengers: age of ultron, antman
Phase 3 - captain America: civil war, Doctor Strange, guardians of the galaxy volume 2, Spider-Man homecoming, Thor ragnarok, black panther, avengers: infinity war, ant man and the wasp, captain marvel, avengers 4

Phase 3 is absolutely killing it,so much goodness and hit after hit. Civil War and Ragnarok are Marvel's crown jewel for me. Loved Homecoming,Vol.2 and Dr Strange too. A great set of very different movies.

I actually like Phase 2 more than Phase 1 too. TWS,GOTG and AoU are all among my favourite superhero movies, Ant-Man is close to Iron Man, Iron Man 3 was a great deconstruction of your classic superhero movie, and yes I enjoy Thor: The Dark World.

Phase 1 still has a special place in my heart while having imo the two weakest movies in IM2 and TIH. Iron Man was a fantastic start and Avengers is a classic. Thor and The First Avenger were very good too albeit a bit limited in scope.

Last edited:
Phase 3 by about a million miles and that is without seeing BP or IW.

Phase 3 has had the most well made and overall best movie selection so far, so it wins. You can see a significant improvement in overall film style starting with Phase 2. Phase 1 movies were filmed a little more boringly in regard to shot selection and such, and movies like Thor you can feel the budget. That said, largely the origins in Phase 1 are very well told, well Phase 2 offered 2 of the weakest MCU films (IM3 and T:TDW). I would rank them:

Phase 3
Phase 1
Phase 2

I know we're only half way through Phase 3, but honestly Phase 3 is simply the best. All 5 films have been excellent, and the best ones appear to be on the horizon.
Phase 1 would be my second choice. Only 2 average films and includes The Avengers, still my favorite MCU film. Even though Phase 2 offered TWS and GOTG, it's surrounded by mostly average, probably the least of the MCU films.

Phase 4 however could wind up being the best of all with F4.

Even though I love TWS and GOTG, I feel Phase 2 overall was the weakest.

Phase 3
Phase 1
Phase 2

So far, phase III. But I'm positive phase IV will top it.

Phase 3 for me too. Although, I've grown to love TWS over the years and it's like my second favorite MCU film, Phase 2 wasn't the best overall IMO. Sure you had GOTG, but Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 are some of the weaker MCU films and while I like AOU its still a significant drop in quality compared to the first Avengers movie. Ant-Man was fine, but nothing special to me. These recent couple of movies have been top tier Marvel though, especially Civil War, Homecoming and Ragnarok. I didn't think GOTG2 was quite as good as the first, but it was still enjoyable and then you got Doctor Strange to nicely round everything out. This phase has also been very successful at creating excitement for the next couple of movies like BP and IW/A4.

For me, order would be

3,2,1 if I liked them but it's a hate them all vote, unsurprisingly.

A phase including the Fantastic Four and the X-Men could easily top phase three for me!

In ranking the MCU movies, my top 10 has five movies from phase 3, three movies from phase 2, and 2 movies from phase 1. I'll rank the phases according to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"