Post Your Recent DVD & BLU RAY Purchases! Redux - Part 5

I do enjoy visiting thrift stores.

• Colorful DVD
  • Vampire Knight season 1 & 2 Ultimate Collection 2 disc DVD (quality on this should be interesting)
  • Hamburger Hill DVD
  • Flash Gordon Savior Of The Universe Edition DVD
  • Escape From New York Special Edition 2 disc DVD (while not a Blu upgrade but liked the look of the special features my DVD doesn't have)

This is my digital collection count on vudu posted in last movie watched thread. I have an older small dvd collection from over a decade ago when stopped buying and bought a few dvd's and blu ray on sale over past year separate from digital collection below too... I don't have an inventory list of discs but may makr one at some point.

My Updated digital movie collection:
1a-jpg.47071

127 (moviesanywhere linked)+152 (vudu only)+5 (other TVOD site only)=284 movies total

I broke my Vudu collection (both 152 unlinked and 127 linked to moviesanywhere) down by category hence the 10 genres just to make it easier to keep track in case anything gets lost for whatever reason I can then contact Vudu whose pretty good on reimbursements unlike some of the other TVOD sites that don't have customer support or are linked to a service provider.

MoviesAnywhere means I can watch certain movies on any of the 10 TVOD sites linked to moviesanywhere for select movies... (Vudu, FandangoNow, Google Play, Youtube, Itunes, Microsoft, Amazon Prime or large service providers like Verizon's Fios, DirecTV, or Xfinity Cable)

Blu-ray

Soul
Spider-Man : Far from Home
Watchmen - TV series box-set

I've recently bought

Ali (Blu)
Bad Boys (Blu)
Total Recall (Blu)
Commando (Dvd)

Got a few birthday gifts from my friend:
Battle Royale Box Set: Battle Royale Original Theatrical Version; Battle Royale Special Edition Director's Cut; Battle Royale II: Requiem Original Theatrical Version; Battle Royale II: Revenge Special Edition Director's Cut; Battle Royale Official Soundtrack, Battle Royale Trump Cards Game; Book [Arrow Video, Region B, 4 disc BD, CD]
City Hunter [Eureka!, Region B, BD]
Dawn of the Dead 2004 [Scream Factory, 2 disc BD]
Land of the Dead [Scream Factory, 2 disc BD]

And found a few movies down at the thrift store:
Marty [DVD]
Spartan [DVD]
Tales from Earthsea [DVD]
The Muppet Show Season One Special Edition [4 disc DVD]

Explorers (Shout Factory, 2 disc BD)
The Street Fighter Collection: The Street Fighter; Return Of The Street Fighter; The Street Fighter's Last Revenge (Shout Factory 2 disc BD)
Sister Street Fighter Collection: Sister Street Fighter; Sister Street Fighter: Hanging By A Thread; Return Of The Sister Street Fighter; Sister Street Fighter: Fifth Level Fist (Arrow Video, 2 disc BD)
A Quiet Place Part II (BD)
Dead Man's River (DVD)
George Carlin Commemorative Collection (10 disc DVD)

Doctor Who: The David Tennant Complete Collection.

Last edited:
It’s been years since I purchased a blu-ray but I finally broke down and bought the Jame Bond collection with all 24 movies.

The Marx Brothers Collection: A Night at The Opera; A Day at The Races; A Night in Casablanca; Room Service; At the Circus; Go West; The Big Store (5 disc DVD)
Automation Transfusion (DVD)
Another You (DVD)
Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead (DVD)
With Honors (DVD)
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (DVD)
A Tale Of Two Sisters (2 disc DVD)
My Man Godfrey (DVD)
Get Christie Love! (DVD)
Another Day In Paradise (DVD)
Doctor Who: Series Seven, Part One (2 disc BD)

Blu-ray:

Axe/Kidnapped Coed
The Black Cat
Blow Out - The Criterion Collection
Branded to Kill - The Criterion Collection
Carnival of Souls - The Criterion Collection
Cathy's Curse
Dead Man - The Criterion Collection
Death Machine (Spanish import)
Grey Gardens - The Criterion Collection
Grizzly
Next of Kin
Raiders of Atlantis
Re-Animator Standard Edition
Revenge of the Living Dead Girls 2 Disc Edition
Smithereens - The Criterion Collection
Squirm (German import)
Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood
Versus Special Edition

DVD:
Dr. Lamb
Dream Stalker/Death By Love
Noriko's Dinner Table
Nun of That
Sledgehammer

How's the video look in this? I bought the DVD of the Criterion release years ago. Don't know if I should upgrade or not.

If this is what I think it is then I'm sorry.
I'm sorry about the glare. Here are some screenshots:

QCwT7Nd.jpg

aucBIT5.jpg

I'm not sure how it compares to the DVD release since I don't have it, but I am happy with it. I imagine it looks better than my Echo Bridge copy since their prints usually aren't great. And yeah, I bought the DVD of Sledgehammer since Severin was having a sale and since I usually enjoy SOV horror. It's an acquired taste.

Reactions: NDX
Footage looks pretty good. Might think about upgrading eventually.

I don't mind some SOV stuff (Video Violence and Cannibal Campout are favorites) but some can be just horrible.

How's the video look in this? I bought the DVD of the Criterion release years ago. Don't know if I should upgrade or not.

If this is what I think it is then I'm sorry.

I'm sorry about the glare. Here are some screenshots:

QCwT7Nd.jpg

aucBIT5.jpg

I'm not sure how it compares to the DVD release since I don't have it, but I am happy with it. I imagine it looks better than my Echo Bridge copy since their prints usually aren't great. And yeah, I bought the DVD of Sledgehammer since Severin was having a sale and since I usually enjoy SOV horror. It's an acquired taste.

I watched the criterion edition a while ago and I loved it. It's definitely a much better version.

Carnival of Souls Blu-ray

The following text appears inside the leaflet provided with this Blu-ray release:

"This new digital transfer was created in 4K resolution on a Scanity film scanner from the 35mm original camera negative. Thousands of instances of dirt, debris, scratches, splices, and warps were manually removed using MTI Film's DRS, while Digital Vision's Phoenix was used for small dirt, jitter, and flicker. The original monaural soundtrack was remastered from the 35mm original soundtrack negative. Clicks, thumps, hiss, hum, and crackle were manually removed using Pro Tools HD and iZotope RX 4.

Transfer supervisor and colorist: Lee Kline.
Scan: Prasad Corporation/Burbank, CA."

DVD:
Transformers G1 the complete series
Blu Ray:
The House With Clocks In The Walls
4K:
Jaws

Blu-ray

Beverley Hills Cop Trilogy Box-Set (already have the first on BR, but always liked the sequel and the box-set was less than £10, so went for all 3).

Reactions: NDX
Blu-ray

The Cornetto Trilogy box-set.

Did a blu-ray 'all films in one set' up-grade for the Cornetto Trilogy, having had them separately on DVD.

Last edited:
BD:
Doctor Who: The Doctor, the Wdow and the Wardrobe
Doctor Who: The Snowman
Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor
The King of Comedy

DVD:
The Mighty Ducks Box Set: The Mighty Ducks, D2 & D3
Manhunter Restored Director's Cut
Cabaret
Reign of Assassins
Color of Night