Potential Sino War/Unrest

Paradoxium

Making Your Head Explode
Reaction score
You heard it, tensions in China and Japan is escalating over the "Islands". I think China wants a distraction from the economic BS, and a little conflict with Japan could do the trick. Lots of Japanese goods and businesses being vandalized and destroyed in China right now.

If you ask me, the repercussions of this will be far worse than a unstable Middle East. I fathom a lot of people "will feel it" considering they are the number two and three economies in the world.

Yes, this is getting quite intense. Relations between China and Japan have never been warm.

Now people are talking about China invading Japan... Though that can't happen any time soon, since the Chinese navy is a joke. But they are building it up as we speak.

I do think China will back down in the end. Because if they keep this up, the Japanese might finally remilitarize.

And a remilitarized Japan would be something else. With its capital, resources, and facilities, a new Japanese navy could be on par with that of the United States. And that's the last thing China wants.

A lot of Chinese are demanding a war with Japan. Wars are pretty popular during recessions. You know the old "Rally around the flag" schtick. Wonder who will side with whom when **** hits the fan.

The media doesn't seem to be covering this as much as the recent Middle Eastern debacle. This is way more dangerous with greater implications.

World trade will go to hell if these two get into a war. I hope people understand how serious this is.

Logistically, China can't invade Japan even if it wanted to.

Even if they weren't protected by the United States, the Japanese have a small, but sophisticated defense force. The Chinese military is still relying on aging late Cold War-era weaponry and tactics. And their navy is a joke. You don't go to war with an island nation without a navy. The Germans learned that the hard way in World War II.

I've only heard a little bit about this but a Sino/Japanese War is very, very unlikely. China knows that the U.S. is Japan's protector and China doesnt want to go to war with its #1 customer. Japan and China will bicker at each other, but there will be no war. China and Taiwan used to do this little dance for a while too, but nothing ever came of it.

I've only heard a bit as well and echo that a wars unlikely. China and Japan have never been best friends, but all out war, right now, I doubt it.

That's not to say it couldn't impact the global economy though. Let alone cause some shifting around. I think this is a sit back and watch deal to see just how far China pushes it. This comes at a bad time though, 2 of the major economic powerhouses on the globe coming to blows during all of the mid east unrest.

Lots of people thought the Chinese economy is doing well. So how did that turn out? I remind you there has been a lot of hate brewing.

Never underestimate desperate politicians. In a country with a disproportionately high amount of angry males. A country with a huge internal struggle for power within the corrupt ranks. This isn't like Bush beating the war drums for Iraq, it is literally normal people drumming it. There are people on the streets ejecting people out of Japanese cars, just because they own a Japanese car.

Round two won't be the same. I am not saying Japan won't put up a fight, in fact I know they can put a nuke together in less than 24 hours. I think it will be much much harder.

There are already talks of China imposing sanctions on Japan.

Also, where do you guys get the idea the United States will side with Japan. Especially if Obama is in power post election?

Declare war on Japan!

Japan's ambassador-designate to China dies in Tokyo - ministry

jsQhRtKoaCHZV.jpg

"pattad firmly defends China's right to the Diaoyu Islands. / We will give a 15% discount to customers who yell THE DIAOYU ISLANDS BELONG TO CHINA! in the store / We will give a 20% discount to customers who yell JAPAN ALSO BELONGS TO CHINA!"

lMcB85So7wemC

jy8afzXcP0jaM.jpg

jbubY5yoqXNtEa.jpg

j9naRPzzrehVW.jpg

jgxhMg29XND8k.jpg

jbfEgiin4xmnqv.jpg

Here is a woman who is trying to save her (Japanese) car

j9RxboZtBrHzR.jpg

Here is a picture of a dealership and lot of cars being destroyed

jMcB85So7wemC.jpg

"JAPANESE GUESTS ARE NOT CURRENTLY BEING ACCOMMODATED BY OUR HOTEL"

j9IGNbMPFUTtK.jpg

Lots of people thought the Chinese economy is doing well. So how did that turn out? I remind you there has been a lot of hate brewing.

There is always hate between those two, then cooler heads prevail.

Never underestimate desperate politicians. In a country with a disproportionately high amount of angry males. A country with a huge internal struggle for power within the corrupt ranks. This isn't like Bush beating the war drums for Iraq, it is literally normal people drumming it. There are people on the streets ejecting people out of Japanese cars, just because they own a Japanese car.

I would say that North Korea is much more unstable than China. They have a temper tantrum every few years and nothing comes of it. China and Japan have their spats with each other every few years. Look at 2005 and 2010. And I remind you, people were scared in 2000 when China warned Taiwan not to elect a president than had made comments about formally seperating from China. That president got elected and what did Beijing do? Nothing.

There are already talks of China imposing sanctions on Japan.

When China withdraws its diplomats from Japan, I will be worried. The U.S. has had sanctions against North Korea and Iran for decades and we havent gone to war with them (formally anyway).

Also, where do you guys get the idea the United States will side with Japan. Especially if Obama is in power post election?

Because we have been acting as Japan's defense force since the end of WW2. What makes you think Obama wont defend Japan? WW3 works to no one's advantage.

I've only heard a little bit about this but a Sino/Japanese War is very, very unlikely. China knows that the U.S. is Japan's protector and China doesnt want to go to war with its #1 customer. Japan and China will bicker at each other, but there will be no war. China and Taiwan used to do this little dance for a while too, but nothing ever came of it.
Taiwan has only survived this long without a hostile takeover because A) they're friendly with the West and 2) they've learned it's best to shut up and keep quiet. :oldrazz:

My sister and the rest of her high school marching band were detained at the airport during their China tour, because their official sweatshirts, displaying a map of China, did not include the island of Taiwan. These were mostly Chinese kids to begin with. :funny:

I have a HS classmate from the mainland who is absolutely adamant about the "One China" rule and that both Tibet and Taiwan must be taken back, by military force if necessary. They are scary-serious about it.

My grandparents fled from China to Taiwan because, as government workers, they were going to be killed when the Communists took over. I don't think any of them are hankering to be part of China again. :o

What makes you think Obama will defend Japan in that situation? Right now its all fine and dandy. Nothing from his actual record suggests he would. It doesn't mean he would have to side with China directly. And not like ignoring a treaty is a huge leap either.

World just keeps getting more screwed up as each day goes by. Maybe the Mayans were right.

Damn are those islands made out of gold or something?

Millions will likely die if China and Japan go to war today.

There are vast natural resources under them.

Things do seem quite serious though. Relations have never been this bad... since World War II, I mean.

There won't be a war any time soon. But this not bode well for the future.

Damn are those islands made out of gold or something?

Millions will likely die if China and Japan go to war today.

The islands contain a special source of antimatter, that has the special power to waste six years of your life.

What makes you think Obama will defend Japan in that situation? Right now its all fine and dandy. Nothing from his actual record suggests he would. It doesn't mean he would have to side with China directly. And not like ignoring a treaty is a huge leap either.

You mean like defending the people of Libya? Or continuing the war in Afghanistan? No one wants to be the one to break a historic and long lasting treaty. Its why every president has kept sanctions on Cuba despite the fact that the Cold War ended two decades ago. Obama wont want to be the one to break the treaty with Japan.

You mean like defending the people of Libya? Or continuing the war in Afghanistan? No one wants to be the one to break a historic and long lasting treaty. Its why every president has kept sanctions on Cuba despite the fact that the Cold War ended two decades ago. Obama wont want to be the one to break the treaty with Japan.

Plus we have bases in Japan. If China were to invade the country or attack Japan in a significant way our bases there would have to mobilize on some level.

Plus we have bases in Japan. If China were to invade the country or attack Japan in a significant way our bases there would have to mobilize on some level.

That, and we are very closely tied economically to both countries. It never suits to have two people you depend on, for better or worse, start fighting each other.

Japan and China aren't going to war.

Not today, not tomorrow, not next year. Maybe in twenty years. But not any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"