Predict Summer 2033

Comic-Con 2033: Rumors swirl that DC/WB is planning a Wonder Woman movie, but nothing official is announced.
Wrong! We're getting Wonder Woman IV :wow:

I was promised flying cars in 2015. :argh:
During most of the 90s, I actually believed the vision of 2015 would happen for real :oldrazz:. It's lame, but an excuse is that 2015 seemed so far away.

The Chinese market has become so huge that a Chinese movie will be the biggest hit of the summer. :)
A Chinese Aquaman?
What about Bollywood? Will we get an Indian Green Arrow?

Twilight remake
Game of Thrones remake
Mad Men remake starring Robert Pattinson
The Hobbit remake
Harry Potter remake
Superman + Shazam: Men of Steel
Caped Crusader & Boy Wonder: The Dynamic Duo (a team-up after having been introduced in their own films)
Star Trek Wars (lol)
Alice in Neverland
The Narnia Chronicles: Son of Pan (an original story)
Roald Dahl's The Witches (directed by Tim Burton's children)
Defenders of the Earth (Avengers-esque after a bunch of solo films)
Charlie Bucket and the Absence of Chocolate
Indiana Jones and the Lost Cocoa Bean (more likely Indian Jones, if Bollywood gets bigger)

etc

Last edited:
I don't think it would qualify as a "cartoon" then. And the Japanese already does this with their anime.

The Japanese may already be there but I'm talking about Hollywood.

Ther's a chance that another "New Hollywood" situation could come about before 2033, giving us a studio system less clogged with franchises and more dedicated to delivering vibrant, surprising work...but you can't predict surprises, whereas you can make cynical assumptions based on a desperate landscape, and that's what this thread is about, right?

Here are some of the dollar signs I foresee:

Star Wars Origins: Lando
I doubt the origin-movie-every-other-year thing will actually happen, but they'll still make some, and why not get around to Lando at some point?

the Buffy the Vampire Slayer reimagibootmake
Joss'll be nearly 70, and all of us fans will be too old or busy to complain as much about the legacy being ruined.

Goodnight Moon
A dark, edgy twist on the childhood classic from visionary director Desperately-Wants-To-Be-Tim-Burton-Circa-1992.

JP: Revelations
Providing the long-awaited answers to the questions, "What were John Hammond's teen years like? Why and how did he decide to create Jurassic Park? Why is this happening?" and so many more!

Monopoly
A radical reinterpretation of the classic board game from acclaimed director Not-Ridley-Scott-But-Man-If-He-Were.

Risk
The other adaptation of a classic board game to come out in '33, and it's actually the better movie, but it comes out in the wake of Monopoly tanking, and no one bothers.

Hellraiser: Pinhead Begins
Actually, this origin story reboot would surely happen before 2033 - if it hasn't already.

DreamWorks' Lobby (as in "Let's All Go to the...")
As a movie! Because money.

Sony's Barrel of Monkeys
Remember these, kids? No? Whatever, it's a movie now. Shiny!

The Spectacular Spider-Man: Rise of the Six
Sequel to the next reboot, 2030's The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Dazzler!
Whether it's from Fox or Marvel, it's the funniest X-Men thing I can imagine that would plausibly have not happened by 2033.

Marvel's The Defenders, Marvel's Iron Fist, and Marvel's Howard the Duck
Because why not? Throw in Marvel's Marvels too.

Halo
I think most of the other big ticket video game will have been adapted by this point, but Halo? I could see it taking another couple decades.

Wonder Woman
The first Wonder Woman movie ever. It could happen within 20 years.

Maybe I should gone more ridiculous, but I didn't want to just say "___ remake/reboot."

Last edited:
If everything goes right by then in 2033 Hollywood will be finding very successful franchises in well made Video games and Anime/ manga adaptations.
That's what I'm hoping and of course those franchises have to be as good as the videogames/animes.

Marvel's The Defenders, Marvel's Iron Fist, and Marvel's Howard the Duck
Because why not? Throw in Marvel's Marvels too.

Well, now we know that two of these are happening much sooner than 2033. Iron Fist and The Defenders won't be movies, tnough, but Netflix original series. Marvel's gambling here, but I'm rooting for 'em.

After the news that Disney got the rights for Indiana Jones I predict that every movie in summer 2033 will be a Disney-movie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"