Jennifer Lawrence to Play Zelda Fitzgerald in Biopic From Ron Howard

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence will star in a biopic about famous Jazz Age socialite and novelist Zelda Fitzgerald.

Ron Howard is developing “Zelda” as a possible directing vehicle. Lawrence will be re-teaming with “Hunger Games” exec Allison Shearmur, who’s on board to produce the film. The pic follows Fitzgerald, who after marrying famed author F. Scott Fitzgerald, tries to find her own voice in the jazz music scene as her husband rises through the ranks of great American novelists.

“Hacksaw Ridge’s” Brian Oliver is producing as well, along with Lawrence and Justine Ciarrocchi. Emma Frost is penning the script for “Zelda.” Oliver’s Cross Creek Pictures will finance the movie.

Following her Oscar-nominated role in “Joy,” Lawrence seems to have taken an interest in portraying real-life figures. She is currently attached to play Elizabeth Holmes, the founder of the health-technology and medical-laboratory-services company Theranos, in “Bad Blood” from director Adam McKay. She will also portray war photographer Lynsey Addario in Steven Spielberg’s drama “It’s What I Do.”

Lawrence will be seen next in Sony’s “Passengers” opposite Chris Pratt. The sci-fi space romance opens Dec. 21. She is also set to star in Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming film with Javier Bardem. The movie bows next year.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jennifer-lawrence-zelda-fitzgerald-movie-ron-howard-1201896854/

First glance I only saw "Jennifer Lawrence to play Zelda" and I was not ok with that.

I feel like she keeps getting put in roles that are beyond her or not right for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"