Pride and Glory (Norton/Farrell) - Trailer

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a thread for this but it got wiped in the re-indexing.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15119

Release Date: March 14, 2008
Studio: New Line Cinema
Director: Gavin O'Connor
Screenwriter: Joe Carnahan, Gavin O'Connor
Starring: Edward Norton, Colin Farrell, Noah Emmerich, Samantha Morton, Lake Bell, Jennifer Ehle, John Voight
Genre: Crime, Drama
Official Website: PrideandGlorymovie.com

Plot Summary: Edward Norton and Colin Farrell star in "Pride and Glory," an authentic, gritty and emotional portrait of the New York City Police Department. The film follows a multi-generational police family whose moral code is tested when one of two sons on the force investigates an incendiary case involving his older brother and brother-in-law. The case forces the family to choose between their loyalties to one another and their loyalties to the department.

Trailer (11.3.07):

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/trailers/PnG/PrideAndGlory_DomTr1_High_dl.mov

Hey, that looks really good. Colin Farrell kinda makes me yawn but Ed Norton easily makes up for it.

Saw the trailer for this in front of AG.

-TNC

that looks like it would be incredible, if they had a better casting department. john voight? of bratz fame? hes washed up, a bum.

Oh c'mon...Every great actor has made their share of paycheck roles..

-TNC

i soon as i read colin farrel was attached.. i didnt feel like watching the trailer

John Voight has been around long enough to do those god-awful, crappy films for the paycheck, without it harming his career. Al Pacino was in Gigli, you know, and let's not even get to DeNiro's paycheck roles.

I'm somewhat skeptical, but Norton playing the lead should make up for any potential shortcomings.

I like Jon Voight.

thevoight.jpg

Looks good, better than We Own the Night at least. But at the same time there have been a lot of cop movies lately and the music they used was just in the trailer for Gone Baby Gone, so I don't know if it will do wel lat the bo.

that looks like it would be incredible, if they had a better casting department. john voight? of bratz fame? hes washed up, a bum.

Yeah but he helped create Angelina Jolie so by default he'll always be a legend.

Finally saw the trailer, it looks really good, the whole cast is excellent IMO and the drama looks like it will be intense and perhaps sad, Carnahan wrote it, maybe he should have directed it instead of Smokin' Aces.

Ugh, Carnahan wrote this? The whole time I was watching it I was thinking "damn this feels just like Narc." Expand your horizons, buddy! Also, the trailer shows way too much of the movie. That being said, Farrel and Norton are two of my favorites, so it will still be good.

I think Carnahan is best in this genre personally ^^^

Does anyone know the name of the music from the second half of the trailer ? It was also used in the Gone Baby Gone trailer.

I really enjoyed the trailer...looks like a superb film. Definately has a Departed feel to it which isn't bad. Definately will keep my eye on it.

Bruce Banner people...Bruce F***IN Banner

I don't understand why people are so quick to discredit Colin Farrell. I think he's a fantastic actor who's made some poor choices (Alexander).

He absolutely stole Minority Report and Pacino has been quoted saying he thinks he's one of the best of his generation.

Looks like a cop movie by the book. Awfully cliche trailer. With the churh-ish music and the heavy words ''truth'',''lies''....''Where will you stand?''...blegh. It's been a while since I've seen a truly original trailer.

I don't understand why people are so quick to discredit Colin Farrell. I think he's a fantastic actor who's made some poor choices (Alexander).

He absolutely stole Minority Report and Pacino has been quoted saying he thinks he's one of the best of his generation.

He makes poor choices, true, likely because most directors are on to him. Because Colin Farrel, who has a lot of talent, doesn't use it. He seems to prefer to get by on a modicum of charm, rather than any sort of acting ability. Which is probably part of the reason he's getting typecast. I fail to see why we should take Al Pacino's word over our own common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"