Pride and Glory (Norton/Farrell) - Trailer

Ever find the music?

Poster:
pridandglor.jpg

Yeah i got it. Cool poster, very 70's.

It reminded me of an older poster as well....sorta similar to the We Own the Night Poster

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/855/855303p1.html

No Glory for New Line?
Director, Norton, Farrell frustrated with film's release status.
by IGN Staff

http://uk.movies.ign.com/email.html
US, February 27, 2008 - Is New Line putting director Gavin O'Connor's cop drama Pride and Glory out to pasture? If rumors are true, then the studio may be dropping the film which stars Colin Farrell and Edward Norton. And even if they're not, the director might try to get the movie away from the studio himself.
Pride had been set for a March 14 release, but that date was scrapped several months ago, and now it's nowhere to be found on the current release schedule. O'Connor, according to Variety, is so miffed about the snub that he's refusing to turn in the script for another project he's working with the studio, Warrior, until they give him answers. Furthermore, he's even looking at ways to extricate the film from the New Line.

prideandglory_1204142740.jpg
- New Line

Waiting for answers: Norton, Farrell and Emmerich in Pride and Glory

"It was a joy making the movie, but then something happened internally at that company," O'Connor told Variety. "I don't think [New Line honcho] Bob Shaye believes in it, and he's decided he'll only release (sure bet) films. He never had the decency to call me. We've delivered something special and unique, a film that's not for everybody but has something to say. We're all heartbroken."
The movie follows a multi-generational family of New York City cops whose moral code is tested when one of two sons on the force investigates a case involving his older brother and brother-in-law.
Norton, who plays one of the brothers, also spoke to the industry insider mag. He says, "This isn't about New Line not knowing the film is strong; I just think there is a paralysis right now that has to do with much bigger issues than any particular film. We're a victim of the moment, and I just hope they will either find a way to give the film its due or graciously let us do it with someone else."
For his part, Farrell says, "This is the first time it's happened to me, where a film I believed in so strongly, not only as entertainment but for its pertinent message and great performances, sits on a shelf. This is bizarre."
O'Connor and his cast are certainly being vocal about their displeasure. What will be the film's ultimate fate? Stay tuned.

Well that Sucks!! How can this movie be shelved, and films like "Meet The Spartans" get made?

That's a terrible situation to be in. Hopefully the film comes out well.

Gavin O'Connor's Pride and Glory is finally out of the distribution woods. Former New Line honcho Bob Shaye's decision early this year to bump this exceptional New York cop film into '09 is now null and void with Warner Bros. having just slotted a 10.24.08 release. It's an exceptional film (I saw it in mid-April) and never should have been bumped in the first place. The question now is how wide or vigorous a release will it receive? How much of a p & a investment? How committed will the p.r. people be?

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2008/06/glory_in_octobe.php

I don't care if the theater showing this is thirty miles away, I will see this. :up: Norton is one of my favorite actors.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/898/898549p1.html

Pride and Glory Locked Down
Release finally set for Norton, Farrell cop drama.
by IGN Staff

US, August 13, 2008 - After six months in limbo, the Edward Norton and Colin Farrell cop drama Pride and Glory is finally set for an October 24 release.

Warner Bros, according to Variety, is expected to debut the Gavin O'Connor-directed film on 2,200 screens. The movie will reportedly premiere at a gala Toronto Film Festival screening in September.

The news comes after months of frustration for the parties involved. Originally setup at New Line, before the studio was acquired and subsequently downsized by Warner Bros., Pride and Glory was going to open in March, before it was mysteriously removed from the release schedule.

Back in February, O'Connor pointed to New Line honcho Bob Shaye as the reason for the movie's delayed status. Norton and Farrell also publically aired their frustrations.

"This is the first time it's happened to me, where a film I believed in so strongly, not only as entertainment but for its pertinent message and great performances, sits on a shelf. This is bizarre," Farrell said at the time.

The movie, which also stars Noah Emmerich, follows a multi-generational family of New York City cops whose moral code is tested when one of two sons on the force investigates a case involving his older brother and brother-in-law.

Excellent! Consider my ticket already bought. :woot:

Just watched the 2nd trailer finally and I'm really digging it. Good to see they finally have the release date. While Norton looks to have given another great performance, I'm interested in seeing Farrell. It looks like a much different role then anything he has ever done....at least anything I've seen.

I REALLY wonder if this will stand out in any way. It looks so completely and utterly generic. I'm aching for a cop flick with an interesting edge. The Departed was the last one.

I REALLY wonder if this will stand out in any way. It looks so completely and utterly generic. I'm aching for a cop flick with an interesting edge. The Departed was the last one.

I think the family loyalty angle is it's hook, ive seen films where one brother is a cop and the other is a criminal but never where both brothers are cops and one has to investigate the other, it brings up some very interesting possibilities and moral questions IMO.

I think the family loyalty angle is it's hook, ive seen films where one brother is a cop and the other is a criminal but never where both brothers are cops and one has to investigate the other, it brings up some very interesting possibilities and moral questions IMO.

Yeah, it could very well be. But I really can't hear the words ''loyalty'' and ''cop'' in the same sentence anymore. It's such a whopper of a cliché.

This could be either a Copland (fantastic cast, cookie cutter story - meh overall) or a The Departed (Amazing). I'm very curious indeed.

BTW: Of what movie is your avvy?

Yeah, it could very well be. But I really can't hear the words ''loyalty'' and ''cop'' in the same sentence anymore. It's such a whopper of a cliché.

This could be either a Copland (fantastic cast, cookie cutter story - meh overall) or a The Departed (Amazing). I'm very curious indeed.

BTW: Of what movie is your avvy?

I think the loyalty if more about the family than the profession in this instance, but lets be honest, most movies we talk about on here are full of themes we have seen in countless other movies, i mean that Richie film you like the look of looks like all the other "mockney caper films" to me.

My avvy is from 'The Soloist'. :cwink:

I don't understand why people are so quick to discredit Colin Farrell. I think he's a fantastic actor who's made some poor choices (Alexander).

He absolutely stole Minority Report and Pacino has been quoted saying he thinks he's one of the best of his generation.

I liked his recent performance for In Bruges . I think he is a credible actor but needs good source material. I saw this trailer last night and think it looks good . Can't wait to see Ed Norton go badass again. i don't think this film will be groundbreaking but fans of the genre will walk away satisfied.

Is anybody going to be seeing this? I don't think I'll see it in the theater but Norton is one of my favorite actors.

WTF?!?

Is this the only thread for this flick? I saw this tonight and it is truly amazing stuff. It isnt for everyone I'll say that right now but it is honestly one of the most real films I have seen in a VERY long time. Everyone here turns in top notch perfromances and you really feel like you went on a journey with these characters. So many amazing moments here (especially between the eldest brother and his wife, if you've seen it you know what I mean.)

GO SEE THIS NOW!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"