Professor X's new power in X2

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by RagingTempest, Apr 8, 2006.

1. RagingTempest

RagingTempest Registered

In X2, Professor made everyone in the museum and in the white house stop moving, like he stop time for them or something. I always wondered why the movie never explained how he could do that, so how did he?:confused:

2. Exploding Boy

Exploding Boy Registered

It has nothing to do with stoping time and every thing to do with stoping the mental functions of everyones brains. Hence why the T V kept going and ligts flickered. If he stopped time everything would stop.

3. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

I didnt like the way it was presented because it mislead audiences a bit.

4. Exploding Boy

Exploding Boy Registered

5. lordofthenerds

lordofthenerds Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Yeah, at first I thought that he was stopping time too, but the second time I watchedI noticed that time hadn't stopped he was just mentally stopping their minds from thinking.

6. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

It's Xavier's oldest trick in the book. I don't really mind the not explaining bit, since telepaths used to pull that all the time and you didn't get an explanation either.

It's what you got No-Prizes for. ;)

7. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

It's a power he has used often in the comics. A 'mind-freeze' - inhibiting all conscious motor functions and mass hypnosis where he erases memories of an event.. such as when the X-Men's shuttle (piloted by Phoenix) crashed into the bay.

Anyone who didn't know that is showing they can't have read a single X-Men comic in their life.

Reveal your ignorance at your peril.

8. The Kid

The Kid AMERICA FTW

What the f... this was so obviously him using his mnd control power to freeze everyone. :eek: It's like hypnosis but on a whole different level.

9. Exploding Boy

Exploding Boy Registered

I knew it was his telepathy but it confused alot of the non comic reading people.

10. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

Yeah,its obvious to anyone who reads the comics.But if I hadnt picked up an Xbook,I wouldve thought his powers somehow allowed him to stop time.

11. Enlight

Enlight Registered

Well I never read a comic and I wasn't confused. I knew he was doing it telepathicly by just using information from the first film. I think if people were confused they probably didn't see the first film.

12. Deep Thinkin'!

Deep Thinkin'! show meh dem fangs

I argee with Enlight. I never have read a full comic book except for seeing a few cuts. I understood it, he just made the thoughts in their heads stop for only a few minutes.

13. javon

javon Registered

i KNOW! But in the book(x2 novel), storm snapped her fingers then lightning had struck nightcrwler down, then using her telpathy and telekinesis, she froze his brain and held him in mid-air.

14. TwilightPro101

TwilightPro101 ........

Now, you're mixing Jean Grey and Storm there. Jean held Toad in the air for a few seconds, but at that period in time, she was nowhere near the level of Charles Xavier. Now in X3, we're in a whole new ball park with her power levels.

15. TwilightPro101

TwilightPro101 ........

Jean held him in the air with her psi-powers holding him place. Not freezing him. He still had active control of his motor functions and body, but could not move out of Jean's hold until she released him.