Proof(D12) was shot Dead this morning...

Reaction score
Rapper Proof Slain in Detroit Nightclub

04/11/2006 1:00 PM, AP
Associated Press

By TOM KRISHER, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 9 minutes ago Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile Road, a publicist said.

The death of Proof — whose real name is Deshaun Holton — was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Family members gathered at a home on Detroit's northwest side. The residential street in front of the two-story home was lined with vehicles.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances. He also appeared in the film "8 Mile."

D12, which includes Eminem, has been around since the mid-1990s, when members of the rap group met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day and a hip-hop club by night.

Detroit police wouldn't confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head — one fatally — early Tuesday at a nightclub on Eight Mile.

An argument at the CCC nightclub escalated into gunshots, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

Another member of Eminem's inner circle — rapper Obie Trice — was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway in December.

___
Associated Press Writer David Runk contributed to this report.

D12 is one of my favorite rap groups, Im sad to hear the news...

R.I.P. Proof!

Damn.
Thats a shocker.

He was the last person on my mind to get shot.

Man I've posting about this in the Hip Hop thread all morning and afternoon. I heard about it when I started work today

Dang, Obie Trice shot last December.
Proof dead.

Damn.

Yea,D12 doesnt have has many enemies as say Jay Z or Gunit... Whats next.

Darth Elektra said:
Yea,D12 doesnt have has many enemies has say Jay Z or Gunit... Whats next.

Detroit a rough city but the word is he was caught in the crossfire of a beef between two crews out in the D (Cheddar Boyz and Rock Bottom. Proof was cool with the dudes from Rock Bottom). This how some dude named Blade Icewood died last year.

Darth Elektra said:
Yea,D12 doesnt have has many enemies has say Jay Z or Gunit... Whats next.

Eminem with another divorce and Proof dead.
He must be in stress hell.

Super_Ludacris said:
Detroit a rough city but the word is he was caught in the crossfire of a beef between two crews out in the D (Cheddar Boyz and Rock Bottom. Proof was cool with the dudes from Rock Bottom). This how some dude named Blade Icewood died last year.

Cool,thank for the info. How did Obie die?

Obie got shot.
He didnt die though.

The bulllet is still in his head.

Yo mods move this to the Hip Hop thread cause I'm not having a bunch of dudes who know nothing about rap crack some foulness over a serious issue.

As far Em goes, the last 3 years you can tell he wasnt happy in life. The Benzino took a lot out of them and the fact those racist tapes came out and he lost his black audience it hurt him. And instead of endearing and taking it to the next level like MC's do he stayed making corny records (Ass like that, Lose it etc) and then after 50 pretty much his own protege took his shine and bullied his way through, he wasnt even happy in interviews. Then the additction thing came in and the divorce (Again!) now add Proof's death which is the worst especially when he warned on "Toy Soliders" that something like this would happen (and just like in the video it happened). The dude must be on Suicide Watch.

The only good thing is, is that he can use all this pain and make a serious and soul-baring classic Hip Hop album that everyone has been expecting from him since he got in the game.

But this aint about Em this is about Proof. He was a genuinely nice dude who loved the Hip Hop culture and to MC and repped his hood all the same. He never hurt nobody he got caught in the wrong place, wrong time

RIP to my ***** Proof. Its been a sad year for Detroit Hip Hop. First legendary producer J-Dilla loses his 4 year battle with the disease Lupus and then Proof a Detroit Hip Hop superstar passes away.

RIP

Darth Elektra said:
Yea, ok,I forgot about Nas and Benzino.

What does Nas got to do with this. If anything like he said in that MTV/BET interview, his collabo with Jay is to show MC's there's another way and Hip Hop culture to be shown in the white media. Jay and Nas are Hip Hop legends and I salute them for there unity

Man Bugz died a long time ago like in 97 or something. There were at a cookout and an argument happened in the parking lot and some dude pulled out his gun and blasted. Senseless **** but its a problem in these communities.

The last song of their last CD was about to Bugz.

I've already posted in the hip hop thread but RIP Proof. Luda hopefully no-one will be cruel about a issue like this.

This has to be a pretty tough time for Eminem right now. His divorce and Proof getting killed.

Just what do all these killings achieve? I'll tell you what they achieve. Not a damn thing. Some people take beefs a little too far and decide to take extreme actions, which results in senseless deaths. Look at all of the rappers who have been killed due to violence; I counted about 10, but there may be more. A few well known ones are:

Biggie Smalls- died 3-9-97
Tupac Shakur- died 9-13-96
Jam Master Jay- died 10-30-02
Soulja Slim- 2-14-04(I'm told)

Then others like Mac Dre, Big L, Mr. C from RBL Posse, some guy from U.N.L.V. based out of New Orleans and even more. It's just that some people take it a little too far and instead of being grown up about their problems and discussing them like men, people want to murder, which is unjustified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"