Prototype

Yeah, I'm currently on the Amanda Greene blob boss fight....it's hard to say the least.

Good thing it's a rental :p

Hit and Run.

Or use a tank then run.

Exactly. Don't climb buildings either as your escape just go around buildings on street level. Kill those annoying infected a ton to get your life back and run back out there and do a devastator. Rinse, repeat. One of the most boring and irritating boss battles.

Yeah and try hijack a helicopter as soon as possible, then launch a barrage of missiles at it.

try highjacking a helicopter in the ship boss battle, as soon as you get into one you get knocked down. I love the game but i get irritated how each battle takes like an hour and then you end up dying from people with missles.

can anyone give me advice how to defeat the boss on the army ship? i keep hitting him with the whip and anything i can find but nothing works and when i get down the 1 minute remaining mark i cant land any blows.

There is a strategy video on youtube for how to beat him. Its not that helpful but all I can say is the timer for me came down to 5 seconds and he hit me. I had to wait for the animation to get up and run over and hit him it was like it was slow motion. 3, 2, 1 SLICE *Achievement Unlocked*. Craziest thing ever.

Hit and Run.

Or use a tank then run.
The guide on gamespot.com actually made it so much easier. I just ran around collecting health and then using the DEVASTATOR attack like 3 times in a row.

Started playing the game a few days ago, it's pretty much plenty of fun:
  • Stealth consuming (I just love stealth)
  • Web of Intrigue
  • Lift cars and people while you move
  • Enter tanks and helicopters
  • Fly kick
  • Use various guns
  • Glide
  • Several weapons
  • Epic score
Plenty of fun, makes the repetetion of gameplay with being just hitting and destroying being less annoying

Yeah, I'm currently on the Amanda Greene blob boss fight....it's hard to say the least.

Good thing it's a rental :p
I just finished it today, first I was holding an Assault Rifle, and what came to my mind is "How should I beat her now that I'm out of ammo?", then I accidentally used the whip and took advantage of its power

ive played through this game many times. I really did enjoy it also. Too bad it seemed to be overshadowed by the release of InFamous. That game was almost like the favorite son and was praised for months afterwards.

But i'd really love a Prototype 2. what do you guys think?

I did some reading around and it seems that Radical Entertainment is starting production on a new sandbox style/ action adventure game. Anyone think it could be Prototype 2? First game got enough good reviews and sales to warrant a sequel, right?

I sure hope thats the case because the first one was very much fun and action heavy. All they need to do is improve on what we got first time around and we should have a problem.

I don't think it should get a sequel, let a great thing be great as it is, don't soil it with a sequel that would be too forced, the story got wrapped up in the game already

That's kind of true, but there is so much more they could do with another game. I mean the army haven't completed fixed up the city. and if Mercer could recreate himself from that crow, then what are the chance something else hasn't survived also.

I thought Prototype was a major dissapointment and dont think they need to give it a sequel. The first game had a good idea but never quite lived up to what it was going for. While a sequel could improve upon its shortcomings, I never felt like I grew attached to Alex or the world enough to want to see more of either.

that's the thing though. The were building a new game, characters and story. With a sequel, it would allow FR to fix up any issues found with the first game.

Like when Assassin's Creed came out. Loved the game, but had some major issues that kept me from going back to replaying it. However part 2 came out and they fixed issues people had which made the second better. and now brotherhood is here and its fixed up issues with part 2 and improved the franchise yet again.

I liked Prototype, but the one thing that pissed me off was that it felt like a lazy game.

They essentially used the Spiderman game engine & touched it up with a few visuals.

Well it felt like Hulk Ultimate Destruction, which in itself was good, but it just needs more.

Ok, this is a mega bump from beyond the grave and less about Prototype and more about 2. I put an hour or two into the game last night and I can say that I'm pretty happy.

It honestly feels like the game I wanted Prototype to be, IMHO. A bit more clean and crisp with a character you don't hate, haha.

Anyway, I haven't played enough to give a big review or anything but so far so good.

Theres a Prototype 2 thread created. Glad you like it bc the reviews and videos Ive seen make it look like its more of the same. Weak story, poor handling of the powers/gameplay mechanics and the environment looks very bland and generic.. I bought Prototype when it first came out but am going to skip this one

Really? I searched and couldn't find it.

This is the review I read that I agree with.. I know its Game Informer.. but I honestly agree with them more than alot of places.

Maybe wait for it to go cheap but if you enjoy the first no way you won't enjoy the 2nd.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/p...-s-latest-emerges-from-prototyping-phase.aspx
It can be found here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=344691&highlight=prototype

I watched the Gametrailers review today. They gave it a 7.2 and I felt they did a good job at showing why they justified it. With 10 reviews, it currently has a Metacritic score of 83 so its probably not that bad. I hope they release a demo in the future but considering how I felt about the original, its defiently not something Id drop money on without at least trying it out for myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"