• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

PS3/TV Issues with a noob!

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Hi there gentlemen, a while ago i got a nice bundle deal out of Playstation 3 and i became a happy owner, but heres my problems i'm having: For some reason my PS3 can't support 1080p on the games/menu screen, it all goes ****ed up making my tv lose connection to it or saying "can't support video type" now afaik my TV does support 1080 and here actually is a link to it: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/...roductInformation&hlt=Link_ProductInformationClick me!

I mean i know its not the best TV out there or did i just misread? The leaflet does say it supports 1080p, i got my HDMI cable so wheres the issue?

Again i'll try to explain my problem: Wheneve ri put the Video Output Setting to resolution 1080p it basicly loses connection, anyone know why?:wow:

Ok try this. Hold the power button down for around 5 seconds when you turn the system on. Select "Yes" when it asks you if you'd like to output both Video and Audio via HDMI. Then, if you are outputting sound with a regular optical or analog cables, you can go to the sound options under "Audio Settings" and change it to whatever you need.

This should help. :up:

Eh i followed your tips and it seemed to work, but the moment i putted in my MGS4 disc things started to **** up again. Ima check how it goes with Infamous, Wolverine Origins and Killzone 2 and see if i get the same result. =S

Okay so i played Wolverine Origins abit all fine since its multiplatform, then i turn in Infamous and do 1 side quest for the heck it, press the PS button on my controller to quit the game and on the menyu screen im greeted by the lowest resolution and upper half being green. =S Now could it be my PS3 Disc player was ****ed up or something? My PS3 is 80gb Pal if that matters.

Do you have an extra HDMI cable or a friend who has one. Try swapping the cables if you do.

You know i just got asked that, i mean one other option could be just taking the damn PS3 to my gamestop (im kinda friends with the boss there, hes rather cool than what i hear from the usual US workers) and ask if we can check their TV + cable and so on. ^^;

But yeah thanks a ton with the suggestions already Kalel114!:)

No prob.It really sounds like the connection with the TV to PS3 is messing up. Let us know what happens. :up:

I looked at the leaflet on the site and it says its 1366x768 resolution, but down at the bottom it says it supports 1080p. Kind of weird. Have you tried looking at the settings on both the tv and PS3 to see if its forcing 1080p? Maybe set them to auto-detect the resolution.

Well when i automaticly set my HDMI to 1080p thats when the problems start, it almost feels like it only supports 720p max and then 1080i but not 1080p.

Oh and kinda related (i think): My Blu-ray films themself work but then why aren't the PS3 exclusives that so well? >_>

Yep i bought a new cable and everything got solved. :)

I'm having issues with my HDMI cable, now.

Not just one, mind you. I've tried it on four different HDTV's, and tried three different HDMI cables.

Is this common?

I'm having issues with my HDMI cable, now.

Not just one, mind you. I've tried it on four different HDTV's, and tried three different HDMI cables.

Is this common?
well you didnt explain what your issue was. My guess is that a picture isnt appearing? If thats the case, then somehow maybe your video settings have been resetted back to the default ones. If you still have your composite cables try putting those in and changing to HDMI from the display menu

Well, I was playing a game and the HDMI picture kept flickering. So, I unplugged it and that was the last of HDMI I've seen.

I reset the PS3 back to standard setting, which let me use the standard cables.

I keep trying to change it back to HDMI from the settings menu, but it goes blank for 30 seconds...and I switch the HDMI input and there's no signal.

I've unplugged the PS3 too, and each time it asks me to switch to HDMI video and audio because it detects an HDMI cable. I say yes, but there's no HDMI video or audio, and then no standard either so I have to reset the settings with the Power On button again.

Like I said, I've tried different HDMI cables, and different TV's. So whatever's wrong, it's probably with the PS3.

Hmm, sorry bc I dont know what to say

Try a "soft reset". Plug the PS3 to the TV via HDMI while it is off. Press and hold the on button in the front for about 10 seconds. It should beep once when it turns on, then beep a second time after a few seconds. This will force the PS3 to search for the right settings. If that does not work, call Customer Service and get your 150 ready. :(

Yeah, tired that. I think I might call customer service.

I've read a few forums that some people have had this problem since the latest firmware update. Dunno how true that is, but...meh.

Just got off the phone with Sony,and since my standard def works for the PS3...and the HDMI does not given all the TV's and HDMI cables I've tried they tell me I should send it in for repairs.

The DMI port or HDMI chip probably burned outand needs to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"