Queen Latifah is The Equalizer

Not sure how I feel about that.

The original wasn't old man action and McCall had women among his Red like team of helpers

From Cleo to the Equalizer..
7e0bfb72ed0aff2db30e3f1dfe597879.gif

Loved the movies but that's a hard pass on the show.

I feel like CBS will order the pilot, they’ll shoot it and then CBS will pass on it. The CW will then pick it up. Same with the female Zorro reboot.

To be fair this is the one gender swap that seems plausible. Latifah would **** somebody up in hand to hand combat.

Is this the show that Rob Reiner was all mad that he was missing in The Wolf of Wall Street?

I'll watch. Just wish it wasn't ON CBS

I just don't have faith for shows airing on there to be anything other than generic L, maybe fun for a season or 2

This airing on CBS doesn't give me the most confidence either, but I'll atleast check out the pilot, because I do like Queen Latifah and she can definitely sell being a badass.

I just hope this doesn't ruin the chances of a third Equalizer movie happening with Denzel, because I definitely want to see more of that version of The Equalizer.

Huh, how about that.

Liked the show, enjoyed Denzel as McCall, and I would give this a chance.....if it's got solid stories and memorable characters. If it turns out to be an agenda driven show or a platform for the producers/writers' political views then I'm out on the ground floor. Queen Latifah could certainly pull this off, provided she's given good material to work with.

I actualy liked the first season quite a bit aswell, but the writing could be alot better and it felt really heavy handed at times. I'd be curious about a Season 2, because I enjoyed Queen Latifiah in the role and I really liked some of the supporting cast, but hopefully she gets better material to worth with.

CBS continuing it's trend of turning over fifty rappers into primetime tv stars (Ice T & LL Cool J). Method Man will probably have some procedural show eventually :funny:

CBS continuing it's trend of turning over fifty rappers into primetime tv stars (Ice T & LL Cool J). Method Man will probably have some procedural show eventually :funny:
Ice-T works for NBC, but since Law & Order is in a shared universe with FBI, just maybe. CBS did have a rapper's kid on the last CSI, pre reboot, CSI Cyber.

Method Man is a surprisingly good actor. He could lead a show!

loved some of her movies she needs to do some music aswell i miss her music ,

Okay. It's not bad, I can buy Queen Latifah as McCall....but what I can't buy is that she had time as a top CIA agent/superspy to have a kid and be a solo mom. If she was an analyst or had a desk job, sure ; but she was clearly operational.

That's a bit ridiculous and also a huge vulnerability for enemies to exploit - and having to drop them off at school or go to little league games gets in the way of complex infiltration missions.

I guess they wanted to put a mother-daughter element into the show, but I think there was a reason why neither Woodward nor Washington had young children that they looked after.

I watched the pilot. Apart from Latifah in the role being the obvious difference and having a daughter, the general tone of the episode felt fairly similar to the original 80s series. I would've preferred she didn't have a daughter though. Also wished they had the classic theme music.

The show employs a variation of the “superhero” secret identity trope. As I recall, there were a couple of episodes in which the villains (or police) got close to figuring out who McCall was. But by one pretext or another, they never connected her two personas.

By the season finale, however, it seems that both McCall’s aunt and daughter have clued into the dual identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"