Quentin Tarantino to Follow Basterds and Django with Killer Crow?

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98419
Source: The Root
December 28, 2012

Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds was a big hit three years ago, earning $321 million worldwide, and now it looks like Django Unchained is also doing very well at the box office. So what might the filmmaker be looking to do next? Something that is actually related to both of the above films.

Speaking to The Root, Tarantino said that "there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy. My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f--ked over by the American military and kind of go apes--t. They basically -- the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" -- [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."

He added: "So that was always going to be part of it. And I was going to do it as a miniseries, and that was going to be one of the big storylines. When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it.

"That would be the third of the trilogy. It would be [connected to] Inglourious Basterds, too, because Inglourious Basterds are in it, but it is about the soldiers. It would be called Killer Crow or something like that."

When asked when the film would be set, Tarantino said in 1944, after Normandy.

What will Spike Lee think!? :oldrazz:

So the Inglorious Basterds would be what? Sent out to kill this other unit?

Heh, I think Tarantino should pass on this idea. Not because it may be controversial, but because it just doesn't seem too interesting to link films together like that. Having Vic and Vincent Vega being brothers is one thing, but I'm not a big fan of this idea.

Yeah i posted this in the django thread a couple days ago. I'm not so sure if he will actually follow up on this though.

I do like the idea of him completing a "revenge trilogy" though.

If this means Denzel Washington in a Tarantino movie, I'm willing to sacrifice lives.

f***, that sounds great! not the plot, per se, but the basic idea of that revenge trilogy.
but given that Tarantino wants to retire soon, I'd actually prefer either the promised Vega bros. movie or the Kill Bill sequel

So, it seems like a kind of spin-off of Inglourious Basterds as well as a thematic follow-up of Django Unchained.

I don't know. I like him having a trilogy of brazenly ahistorical Spaghetti Westerns that are never set in the west...but it seems like this one would retread IB a lot. Plus, I am not keen on seeing the revenge fantasy of escaped slaves getting even with evil slavers (which is fine and was done hilariously in DU) turned into one about black WWII American soldiers killing white ones.

We will see.

I gotta say, this idea doesn't do much for me. He should be doing something more new and interesting.

Like a 30's noir or something. Or even a Medieval set film. Think of Tarantino violence, humor and song in that setting.

^ A Medieval Tarantino film could be interesting I think maybe a Tarantino original Superhero film (wish he could get his hands on Deadpool) or even a fairy tale/fantasy Tarantino film could be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"