Question about Marvel and DC universes.

MajinShenron

Civilian
Reaction score
I was reading Marvel vs DC comics. In the older days it seemed that everyone was in the same planet. You see Superman watching the news and hearing about the Hulk, you see Batman saying he saw Punisher on wanted signs, you see people knowing who Spiderman is in Gotham City.

But then I see comics such Marvel vs DC where it seems they are two different universes and they cant be together or they merge. Seems like they are contradicting themselves.

Anyone know why? Or if they changed?

Thanks for whoever answers :)

MajinShenron said:
I was reading Marvel vs DC comics. In the older days it seemed that everyone was in the same planet. You see Superman watching the news and hearing about the Hulk, you see Batman saying he saw Punisher on wanted signs, you see people knowing who Spiderman is in Gotham City.

But then I see comics such Marvel vs DC where it seems they are two different universes and they cant be together or they merge. Seems like they are contradicting themselves.

They're not the same universe, not at all. All the crossovers you are talking about are out of continuity, no the same. Not remotely. So basically, NO.

MajinShenron said:

...The Hell?! What comics were you reading?

When Superman watches the hulk on tv the comic is called "The Incredibly Hulk vs Superman".

When I refer to the Spiderman and Batman team-up where Spiderman knows who Batman is, and people know who Spiderman is I am referring to the "Spiderman vs Batman", the one drawn by Mark Bagley.

When I refer to Spiderman knowing who Lois Lane is, thats in "Superman vs Spiderman."

When I refer to the universes colliding I am referring to "DC Comics vs Marvel Comics"

XwolverineX said:
They're not the same universe, not at all. All the crossovers you are talking about are out of continuity, no the same. Not remotely. So basically, NO.

Theres your answer.

XwolverineX said:

Actually, this statement isn't really correct anymore.

The JLA/Avengers crossover that ended with the cosmic egg has been referenced in DC, although not by name. Plus, don't Marvel and DC both own the right to the character Access?

Has Access appeared in anything in the last five years? I think they pretty much killed that idea.

But I figured saying oh one random comic is in continuity, but you'd never know it, would just confuse him.

I actually thought Access was a really cool idea for a character. I kinda wished they kept that idea going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"