• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question - Why didn't they make a comic adaptation of Dark Knight (2008) film ?

SchumacherFan

Civilian
Reaction score
I have the Batman Begins comic adaptation, also they made one for X-Men movie, spider-man 1 and 2, a mini comic for spidey 3. Both Burton and Schumacher Batman films were made into comics - but why not Nolan's The Dark Knight ???

They made a cb adaptation of BB?! I would not mind seeing that, but, generally I find cb film adaptations a bit dry, and not enjoyable to read, just kind of interesting as a comparison to the film, seeing scenes they left out, and how the artist approaches the material.
I'm surprised they even made any a few years ago, back in the days when you could only hire the movies from the videostore, and couldn't buy them, I could see a reason for them selling well. but nowadays, I don't think many people would buy them, maybe that is why they stopped publishing them. But you would think with a movie as big os TDK they would have sold a few copies.

btw, not dissing your penchant for those types of books, they have just never read that well to me, but i can understand why some people would collect them.
I preffered the Star Wars cb adaptations, I still have my ROTJ one in book form, as the artists drew the characters like regular comics, instead of trying to draw from photographs of the actors, which is what the Batman89 adaption was like, and so the drawings were not that interesting.

I've read the adaptations for Batman, Returns and Forever and they were all very good. All were written by Denny O'Neil, too.

I've also read the Batman Begins adaptation, which wasn't written by Denny O'Neil and it was terrible. I believe the page count was shorter than the previous ones and was HORRIBLY condensed. In fact, it was a rather lazy attempt at adapting a film. This may have been a reason why a Dark Knight comic wasn't produced.

Thanks for the replies.

I collect the adaptations kinda fun to compare to the movie. I guess I like the irony of it. A movie is made because of a comic book, but then there is a comic based off of a movie based off a comic. Like Inception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"