Questions about several movies

thealiasman2000

Sidekick
Reaction score
1-In "Mission Impossible 3", what, exactly, was the Rabbit's Foot?

2-In "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", what did Judge Doom look under the rubber mask?

3-If Obi-Wan Kenobi says "I never remember owning a droid" in "Star Wars", why does he tag along C3PO and R2-D2 in the prequel trilogy?

4-If Padme Amidala died giving birth to Luke and Leia, why does Leia say that she remember her real mother in "Return of the Jedi"?

5-At the end of "Sin City", who sent The Man to kill Becky?

6-Why is Jason Voorhees afraid of water in "Freddy VS Jason", if he had no problem with it in all the previous "Friday the 13th" movies?

7-What was inside the briefcase in "Ronin"?

8-When Rogue fell off the Blackbird in "X2", why didn't she just fly back into the plane?

9-Why are the "Return of the Living Dead" zombies the only ones that can't get killed with a blow to the head?

10-Why is Harvey Dent black in "Batman", but white in "Batman Forever"?

Well, I haven't finshed film svhool.

But I watched all those movies several times and STILL Don't know the answer to those questions.

thanks, Odin,

now that damn Aladdin song is going to be stuck in my head all day... seriously.

Jerk! :mad:

rogue mutant powers aren't flight.

she gains her strength and flight from ms marvel while working for the brotherhood.

initially she can't do either.

she's only had her powers for a few months, she certainly is unable to fly by the second film.

since she obviously has never had a confrontation with carol danvers

as for leia, it's a mistake but with enough careful thinking, considering she is joint strongest wielder of the force in her universe, one can say that she was able to obtain a strong memory from her birth while using a latent early manipulation of the force.

considering her father had the gift of sight, i 'could' believe her daughter had other sight based abilities.

it's not officially but that#s how i deal with it.

Well, Jean Grey never had a confrotation with the Shi'Ar Empire, and now she's Phoenix.

So who says that Rogue can't fly?

thealiasman2000 said:
Well, Jean Grey never had a confrotation with the Shi'Ar Empire, and now she's Phoenix.

So who says that Rogue can't fly?
1. haven't seen it and don't plan on seeing it, so it maybe is probably a rabbit's foot

2. nobody knows for sure, he was molten+

3. he never owned them, they just tagged along

4. Odin's got pretty much my same answer

5. the girls sent him

6. bad writting

7. Elvis' suit... wait, that was Pulp Fiction

8. Odin got it right

9. to make it harder for the humans, besides, it's much more exciting

10. Michael Jackson's syndrome

and Jean Gray didn't get her phoenix powers from a confrontation with the Shi'ar, think a little bit

thealiasman2000 said:
2-In "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", what did Judge Doom look under the rubber mask?"

Left to the imagination. Although in earlier versions of the script, he was supposed to be the toon that shot Bambi's mom.

thealiasman2000 said:
3-If Obi-Wan Kenobi says "I never remember owning a droid" in "Star Wars", why does he tag along C3PO and R2-D2 in the prequel trilogy?

He was trying to keep up his disguise as Ben Kenobi, who probably never owned a droid. Either that or sloppy writing on the part of Lucas.

thealiasman2000 said:
4-If Padme Amidala died giving birth to Luke and Leia, why does Leia say that she remember her real mother in "Return of the Jedi"?

Ditto

thealiasman2000 said:

Probably one of the Old Town Girls. We know that they routinely loot the bodies of those they just killed, and they may have noticed that the body of the one who betrayed them was missing.

thealiasman2000 said:
8-When Rogue fell off the Blackbird in "X2", why didn't she just fly back into the plane?

In the movie's continuity, Rogue does not fly. At this point she only has power absorbtion.

thealiasman2000 said:

The story of Harvey Dent was supposed to span three movies, but it was scrapped as Billy Dee Wiliams left and directors changed. The role that Max Shreck played in Returns was originally going to be filled by Dent. The part where Selina electrocutes him was originally supposed to damage just one side of his body, leaving him alive and ready to become a super-villain. Since the Dent idea was taken out of Returns, Batman Forever just completely redid the Dent storyline.

I never said she got her powers FROM the confrontation, but rather DURING it.

thealiasman2000 said:

thealiasman2000 said:
But I watched all those movies several times and STILL Don't know the answer to those questions.

how can you possibly claim to have watched X2 several times and then question why she didn't fly? at what point in either the first or second films were you given any indication that she had that power?

the Rabbit's Foot is what's known as a 'Mcguffin'.

thealiasman2000 said:

it's a McGuffin, some element that drives the plot along, like the case from Ronin.

thealiasman2000 said:

doesn't really matter.

thealiasman2000 said:

well, Kenobi never really owned Threepio and R2 in the prequels.

thealiasman2000 said:

just one of the many inconsistencies between the OT and the prequels. blame it on Lucas.

thealiasman2000 said:

probably Gail as revenge.

thealiasman2000 said:
6-Why is Jason Voorhees afraid of water in "Freddy VS Jason", if he had no problem with it in all the previous "Friday the 13th" movies?

dunno. it's a trash movie. don't expect much consistency.

thealiasman2000 said:

as mentioned before, the case is just a McGuffin. it's just there to move the plot along. what it actually is doesn't really matter.

thealiasman2000 said:

she can't fly. doesn't matter if she can in the comics. in the movies, she can't.

thealiasman2000 said:
9-Why are the "Return of the Living Dead" zombies the only ones that can't get killed with a blow to the head?

dunno. maybe the filmmakers wanted to try something different, for a change.

thealiasman2000 said:

the same reason why Bruce Wayne is short and black haired in the first two and tall and blonde in "Fovever"

I'm surprised you didn't ask about the case in Pulp Fiction. :rolleyes: ;)

Billy Dee Williams wanted to return for the third movie. The studio didn't bring him back for it.

Rogue can't fly in the movies. Deal with it.

We never got to see what Judge Doom's real cartoon face looks like which I found kind of creepy. I am going to watch WFRR right now because I LOVE that movie so much.

C.F. Kane said:
Left to the imagination. Although in earlier versions of the script, he was supposed to be the toon that shot Bambi's mom.

man, that would'be been so kickass... :(

rogue never touched a mutant that was able to fly in the movie,so she can't fly!!!

in the comics she absorbed some mutants flying power which she was able to then keep.Thats why she is able to fly in the comics.
SO if she haven't touched anyone that was able to fly in the movies, then SHE CAN'T FLY!! they havent added that story in the films, and if they had it would have been stupid and confussing.
In future x-men films they'd probably add that story some how, so then we can see her fly

thealiasman2000 said:

(1) Haven't seen it yet...so no answer.
(2) It didn't show.
(3) He didn't own them...they were Padme's and Anakin's.
(4) The Force
(5) Rosario Dawson
(6) He finally remembered that he originally drowned.
(7) A McGuffin
(8) She hasn't gained that ability yet.
(9) It isn't based upon Romero's movies.
10) He is Two Face

Super Flight said:
rogue never touched a mutant that was able to fly in the movie,so she can't fly!!!

in the comics she absorbed some mutants flying power which she was able to then keep.Thats why she is able to fly in the comics.
SO if she haven't touched anyone that was able to fly in the movies, then SHE CAN'T FLY!! they havent added that story in the films, and if they had it would have been stupid and confussing.
In future x-men films they'd probably add that story some how, so then we can see her fly

What would you call what Magneto is able to do, Fly or Hover? Rogue took in a bunch of his power in the first movie, but it never had any lasting effect on her or maybe she would have been able to fly or hover or even control metal objects also. Rogue could have easily been a multi powered mutant if she was able to absorb & retain all of the different X-Men powers she has come into contact with.

And if she kept all their powers, she'd be the only member that wasn't catatonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"