Days of Future Past Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

How do Quicksilver, Northstar, Flash or any other speedsters get stopped/defeated in the comics?

How do Quicksilver, Northstar, Flash or any other speedsters get stopped/defeated in the comics?

I've never read any of their comics. But I assume through either some lazy writing or great writing depending on the book, just like any other super powered character.

A lot of time its from absent-mindedness or over-confidence. But I'd still insist that removing them from a frictional surface or shutting them down mentally would work. Also, even if quicksilver ran headlong into colossus/blob/juggernaut, what the hells it gonna do to him?

I've never read any of their comics. But I assume through either some lazy writing or great writing depending on the book, just like any other super powered character.

Maybe they'll say he can only do short bursts of superspeed, like a cheetah, because it uses up too much energy (hence all that stolen food in the basement where he hung out).

Or maybe a psychic can read his mind to figure out what he doing and and act just in time to stop him.

Or get Kitty to send someone's mind back a few minutes so they can be prepared for him with a counter-measure.

Or introduce Destiny, who can see into the future and thus predict his moves. However, even Xavier and Jean seem occasionally prescient in the movies so far so they might be able to sense ahead just enough...

I don't understand you, unless you want to have an actual debate about it then I'm just going to drop it as yes it will, no it won't, isn't going to get us anywhere and you don't seem interested in an actual discussion and feels more like troll bait.

Well as I stated previously, it doesnt matter how "fast" they make quicksilver as the general audience will not care. Not to mention that the story would be written in such a way as they that his speed will more than likely not break the plot. As long as they continue to make it look interesting, nobody will care just how fast quicksilver is running, nor will anyone probably notice.

i dont care how fast he is
he isn't scratching Apoc.
Who happens to be the villian in the next movie

He wasn't lightspeed. But he was going at Flash speed, a mathmutant worked out roughly how fast he would have been going based on a guards height, a birds eye view of the room, and the distance travelled by the bullets (accounting for them being plastic). It was 4,000 mph at least IIRC.

So yeah, they might have depowered every other mutant other than 2quick2silver and sniktbub, but it doesn't matter if it looks good.

Well as I stated previously, it doesnt matter how "fast" they make quicksilver as the general audience will not care. Not to mention that the story would be written in such a way as they that his speed will more than likely not break the plot. As long as they continue to make it look interesting, nobody will care just how fast quicksilver is running, nor will anyone probably notice.

Yeah agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"