Days of Future Past Quicksilver's Flash speed!!

Longshot777

Sidekick
Reaction score
Yes. Quicksilver has the best scene on the movie.

And it has raised the bar in superhero action movies.

But dam!! He is suppose to be only speed of sound but on this movie he was going light speed.

Even Flash in JLU has only done that when he has to try and it costs him a lot of energy.

While this Quicksilver does it naturally.

They made him ridiculously fast and unstoppable. I can't see any mutant beating him going at that speed.

So do you guys think the writers should have toned him down on this movie then go all light speed on the next movie??

There was a reason why he was only in few scenes for this movie because if he was in throughout the movie, they would have accomplished their mission easily.

So how can they write for a character like that if he will be part of the team?? With that speed they just gave him, he doesn't need the X-men at all.

There's no way in hell he was going light speed. If he was going light speed the bullets wouldn't have moved in the entire 3 minutes he was running. Nope. Sorry. You're wrong.

It wasn't FTL. But it was way beyond the speed of sound. Way beyond anything comic Quicksilver has ever done.

But it was cool anyway so it doesn't matter.

There's no way in hell he was going light speed. If he was going light speed the bullets wouldn't have moved in the entire 3 minutes he was running. Nope. Sorry. You're wrong.

Ok maybe not, but with that speed he doesn't need the X-men. He can obliterate Magneto and Xavier with ease.

And in real time, when Xavier tried to push Magneto away from bullets, Pietro has done numerous things to the guards in a blink.

If that's not light speed, it is pretty much close to it.

635256794579586832.jpeg

Many characters have slightly different powers in the movie universe compared to the comics. So maybe in Apocalypse they slow him down :D

Ok maybe not, but with that speed he doesn't need the X-men. He can obliterate Magneto and Xavier with ease.

And in real time, when Xavier tried to push Magneto away from bullets, Pietro has done numerous things to the guards in a blink.

If that's not light speed, it is pretty much close to it.

He could take out Magneto sure. Literally in a heartbeat. Comic QS probably has a good shot at it as well. But there's no way he could take out Xavier. Charles could shut him down faster than he could even complete that thought.

I don't want to be a big party pooper... but I wasn't really impressed with how the speed special effects were handled. The way people were reporting it as revolutionary I was expecting something more.

As for his speed. Given the small size of the room and how fast wolverine was throwing out his claws, the slowest bullets (plastic guns) would have reached them in about 1/2 a second. I'd rate his speed at about 2000 feet per second even though that breaks the sound barrier and unrealistic without that happening in the room.

I get ya. But still, sometimes you just gotta let the visceral take over the analytical. Especially when it comes to these kinds of movies.

Ok all I'm saying is that they made him too powerful. I don't care about his comic book speed at all.

Wether it's not light speed, the whole room slowed to almost pausing.

Sorry but Quicksilver can even take out Phoenix with that speed. Lol

And Xavier's speed of thought still can't touch that "almost pausing" speed.

Like I said if he was with Wolverine and company then their mission would have been accomplished in no time.

The writers knew they had to get rid of him because with that speed he has no weakness.

To clarify, I really don't have any problems with him, I'm just saying he could be the most powerful mutant in the movies next to Phoenix or perhaps even above her.

And I think they did raise the bar in super speed action in superhero movies, let's see if CW Flash 2014, Avengers Quicksilver 2015 and JL Flash 2017 can top it.

Ok all I'm saying is that they made him too powerful. I don't care about his comic book speed at all.

Like I said if he was with Wolverine and company then their mission would have been accomplished in no time.

The writers knew they had to get rid of him because with that speed he has no weakness.

To clarify, I really don't have any problems with him, I'm just saying he could be the most powerful mutant in the movies next to Phoenix or perhaps even above her.

And I think they did raise the bar in super speed action in superhero movies, let's see if CW Flash 2014, Avengers Quicksilver 2015 and JL Flash 2017 can top it.

I see your point to a degree against humans unstoppable but wouldn't he more problems against another mutant like Xavier (if they were opposing him) or an Emma Frost who would be able to freeze him with their mind. Just posing the question.

I thought I was a cool scene, and very funny and a great bit of humor in an otherwise very dark film.

I guess the only thing with him, is he could have easily stopped raven himself, but if you can get past that, I thought I worked for what it was.

I thought I was a cool scene, and very funny and a great bit of humor in an otherwise very dark film.

I guess the only thing with him, is he could have easily stopped raven himself, but if you can get past that, I thought I worked for what it was.

But in this movie specifically, changing the future was about more than just stopping Mystique. It was about changing her mind. Quicksilver couldn't have done that.

I'm sorry, but there's no way Quicksilver is more powerful than the Phoenix, and I say that as a fan of Quicksilver. I am curious to see how they'll portray his abilities in Apocalypse.

I see your point to a degree against humans unstoppable but wouldn't he more problems against another mutant like Xavier (if they were opposing him) or an Emma Frost who would be able to freeze him with their mind. Just posing the question.

The way the movies were presented, dark Phoenix was the most powerful mutant (until we get Apocalypse), followed by Xavier and Emma Frost, and I'd put QS above Magneto but not above Xavier for exactly the reason you state.

Rogue and Leech are special cases that are very powerful mutants, but are limited by proximity. So I'd leave them out of this discussion.

If they ever decide to use Scarlet Witch as she's used in the comics. She's easily above Xavier and Frost, not as powerful as dark Phoenix from the comics, but probably more powerful than the one presented in the films.

In House of M, she completely eliminated all mutant's powers with her hex ability.

That sounds delusional do you really think he could beat Pheonix your giving him way to much credit, speed dosent make him unstoppable.

Ah yeah I see, I thought Phoenix and Xavier would be more powerful, I mean yeah he can run fast but he doesnt have super strength once he gets there or mind control. Obviously Apocalypse will pose more of a challenge anyway and goodness knows what other mutants on his side.

I'm sorry, but there's no way Quicksilver is more powerful than the Phoenix, and I say that as a fan of Quicksilver. I am curious to see how they'll portray his abilities in Apocalypse.

She was never shown to have more than standard human reflexes/reactions though.

What good is the ability to manipulate matter on a molecular level if you're going up against someone who is seemingly faster than thought? Wolverine killed her by stabbing her. Quicksilver punching her at 2000mph is gonna knock her out and she won't even realise what happened.

Speed kills. It's why Wally West, not Superman, was the most powerful member of the Justice League. It's why Silver Surfer would have no problem with any Avenger, including Thor and Hulk.

Quicksilver did have one HUGE weakness in this film.

He's a whining teenage brat who didn't give a damn about authority and politics and only really helped because he wanted the ego stroke of breaking someone out of the most guarded facility in the world.
I liked his speed but it will be problematic in the next film if it is larger then it is here.

Quicksilver did have one HUGE weakness in this film.

He's a whining teenage brat who didn't give a damn about authority and politics and only really helped because he wanted the ego stroke of breaking someone out of the most guarded facility in the world.
I liked his speed but it will be problematic in the next film if it is larger then it is here.

No it wont, because the majority of people don't care. I seriously doubt people will be saying "wait a minute it totally looks like they slowed him down from the first movie".

He runs fast, thats all people care about. As long as they make it look cool, people wont care how fast hes is running.

No it wont, because the majority of people don't care. I seriously doubt people will be saying "wait a minute it totally looks like they slowed him down from the first movie".

He runs fast, thats all people care about. As long as they make it look cool, people wont care how fast hes is running.

You mistake me. If they don't slow him down it will be a problem. Not that they won't. I expect them to.

I don't understand you, unless you want to have an actual debate about it then I'm just going to drop it as yes it will, no it won't, isn't going to get us anywhere and you don't seem interested in an actual discussion and feels more like troll bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"