Rabbi Botches Bris, Cuts Off Baby's Penis

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
ku-xlarge.jpg

A Pittsburgh-area mohel is being accused of accidentally severing an infant's penis during a botched circumcision.

The lawsuit against Rabbi Mordechai Rosenberg alleges that he performed a bris at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill, during which a baby's private parts were cut off and had to be surgically reattached.

KDKA reports that doctors performed emergency microsurgery on the child for six hours following the April 28 incident. Six blood transfusions, leech therapy, and a two month hospital stay were required before the child was sent back home.

The surgery was declared a success, though KDKA's sources say it is too early to know if the child will make a full recovery.

Meanwhile, Rabbi Rosenberg, who claims to be certified by the American Board of Ritual Circumcision, continues to perform brises. Speaking with KDKA, he called the incident a "tragic accident," but insisted he was "trained in this."

His website denounces medical circumcision performed by a doctor as "not considered valid according to Jewish law."

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/12/27/rabbi-sued-after-baby-injured-during-circumcision/

This is horrible, how could somebody trained to do this DO THAT?! Unless your Jewish and are supposed to do it, circumcision is BS anyway. Don't put your child through it

Okay, I know it is messed up....but honestly, the kid's family is going to laugh at this some day. This is going to be such a great story for the parents to bust his balls (no pun intended) with. And imagine the best man speech at the kid's wedding.

Dj when I said I wanted controversial articles I didn't mean this. This is just horrific. Eek.

Go home DJ, that's enough for today....

Seriously, this is awful...

This is horrible, how could somebody trained to do this DO THAT?! Unless your Jewish and are supposed to do it, circumcision is BS anyway. Don't put your child through it
There are valid medical reasons to circumsize (reduced chance of penile cancer for instance or extreme sensitivity) but they're often minor ones and up to the parents to decide if they're enough to justify the procedure.

Stopping *********ion (once a "valid" reason for it) obviously is not one of them.

Aside from that the Rabbi might have genuinely made a mistake. It happens and though so far it looks like the kid will be fine I don't know if there's really anything to be outrage about here. This was a Jewish ceremony and he's also a damned hypocrite for saying medically performed procedures aren't valid. If it's removed isn't that good enough for the intent?

I'm sure if they wanted to spring for it they could get a doctor to do it a certain way in order for it to be valid unless it has to be done by a rabbi.

Even that zany mohel on Seinfeld managed to complete the Bris with Jerry's flinching. This guy must be awful.

Okay, I know it is messed up....but honestly, the kid's family is going to laugh at this some day. This is going to be such a great story for the parents to bust his balls (no pun intended) with. And imagine the best man speech at the kid's wedding.
I was going to say this is horrible until I read this post...lol

That's a relief. I saw that Charl had posted and assumed she was going to blame the baby.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, circumcision should be illegal.

Dammit, Sawyer! What have I told you about drinking too much and posing as a rabbi?! :argh:

I bet that Chinese guy who cut off his own penis because he was single at 26 wishes he were in this baby's place.

What's the name of this baby boy? Little Willie?

Don't get fershnickered when performing a circumcision, it's Rabbi 101! Ya don't drink and snip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"