Random Quotes About Movies

"Brando's suggestions to portray Superman's father Jor-El as a "green suitcase" or a bagel in the 1978 Superman"
:woot:I remember that one. I imagine the producer and director's face when they heard that.
Not exactly the same, but it also reminded me of Nic Cage allegedly wanting to portray the bad guy in Green Hornet, with a Jamaican accent, before exiting the project. I like crazy actors, great performances sometimes but always good funny anecdotes.

:woot:I remember that one. I imagine the producer and director's face when they heard that.
Not exactly the same, but it also reminded me of Nic Cage allegedly wanting to portray the bad guy in Green Hornet, with a Jamaican accent, before exiting the project. I like crazy actors, great performances sometimes but always good funny anecdotes.

Remember reading something that when Nic Cage done his "big daddy" for the first time the director was taken back thinking he was the worst actor in world. Then he explained the character was most likely brought up on Adam West.

Nick Cage = Genius :awesome:

Remember reading something that when Nic Cage done his "big daddy" for the first time the director was taken back thinking he was the worst actor in world. Then he explained the character was most likely brought up on Adam West.

Nick Cage = Genius :awesome:
Haha:woot: I loved his Big Daddy and I love Cage too:up:

Sam Wood- "You can't make an actor out of clay."

Groucho Marx- "Nor a director out of Wood."

"Chaucer is dead, Spencer is dead, so is Milton, so is Shakespeare, and I’m not feeling so well myself."
Mark Twain.
Not exactly movie related, but still good:woot:

"I totally thought they did a damned good job. It was the first "Batman' movie I've genuinely liked. I sat there, I watched it, and I came out of there going, 'Well done, man.' Sure, they used my stuff - they used everybody's stuff, but they used my stuff a lot - but they did it well, and that's all I care about. It was Batman. What I mean by that is, I thought the character was true. You understand, when I work on a character, I have a very, very hard time seeing anybody else's interpretation. I get very possessive. But when I went out to see this thing, I said, 'This is a pretty cool Batman.' I wasn't sitting there going, 'This is a merchandising tool.' I felt like it really had heart and substance, and Christian Bale with no doubt performed the best Batman I have ever seen".

Frank Miller on the subject of Batman Begins.

"You know, weirdly, somewhat frighteningly he was the easiest character ever written, I think that character is common to a sort of long history of – you’ll find a version of him in almost every culture, going back thousands of years, sort of taps into something elemental the sort of jokester, the trickster, and it just kind of, you sit down and write that character and there’s a, it just kind of appears." Jonathan Nolan.

'You need the success to fund the flops' - Sidney Lumet

Empire Magazine: How do you feel about Russell Crowe?
James Ellroy: I think Guy Pearce is the finest film actor of his generation.

^:up:
Great quote. I remember it because I'm an avid Empire Reader. I think Ellroy was also mocking Depp as Dillinger in "Public Enemies." He was really funny and real and wasn't sugar coating or PC at all.
I like that, it makes for a fun, unusual interview.

"A good movie is three good scenes and no bad scenes. "
Howard Hawks

"I have ten commandments. The first nine are, thou shalt not bore. The tenth is, thou shalt have right of final cut."
Billy Wilder

"Well, I would say that if you could manage to get to the end of The Elephant Man without being moved...I don't think you'd be someone I'd want to know" - John Hurt

^ Love John Hurt, love "The Elephant Man", love the quote:up:

He made that scene last, what, five minutes? And all we do is stand there and stare at each other with the music blaring on the soundtrack. It's one of the most impressive scenes I've ever seen, let alone been involved in.
Lee Van Cleef on the climax of The Good The Bad And The Ugly

"Green Lantern is the cheapest looking 300 million dollar film i've ever seen"

-Mark Millar.

Green Lantern wasn't very good unfortunately. Not terrible either though. It's hard to make a good superhero film apparently.

_ "God is a concept by which we measure our pain."
John Lennon.

"I was always jealous of Paul Thomas Anderson because he was like, ‘Oh, I’m friends with Stanley Kubrick and I’m friends with Jonathan Demme and all these directors. And I was thinking to myself, you know, one day I’m going to make an important film, and these guys are going to be my friends, too...” - Brett Ratner

“You know, people say Otto goes over budget, can’t work with actors and shoots over schedule. But what people don’t realize is that Otto happens to be a very bad director.” - Billy Wilder

"Christopher Nolan panders to hip, nihilistic tendencies, forgetting that superheroes are also meant to inspire hope" - Armond White

Cinema can fill in the empty spaces of your life and your loneliness - Pedro Almodóvar

^ :up:
There have been times in my life where I certainly could relate with that quote:woot:

"I know I can act. There aren't too many other jobs I know how to do."
Jack Nicholson

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"