World Rank Spidey's Villains

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
I know we see a lot of ranking threads. But I'm curious what the world thinks of Spidey's villains. Mine are ranked as follows Favorite to Least favorite:

Electro
Lizard
Green Goblin
Venom (Eddie Brock)
Mysterio
Rhino
Chameleon
Doctor Octopus
Carnage
Kraven the Hunter
Vulture
Sandman
Scorpion
Shocker
Hobgoblin
Burglar
Tombstone
Hammerhead
Jackal
Kingpin
Enforcers
Molten Man
Morbius
Hydro-Man
Smythe
Tinkerer

Doc Ock #1 with the Goblin a very close second, only because the Goblin has been so overused and overexposed in the comics MUCH moreso than the Doc......

Carnage has always been my favorite Spidey villain, no contest. He has no motive for revenge, he had no tragedy, he's not some scientist gone mad. He's a murdering psychopath who loves to kill everything in sight. THAT is pure evil. And I find it awesome that Kasady and the symbiote accepted each other, saying "I" instead of "We". Brock was always fighting the Venom symbiote, but not Kasady. He EMBRACED it

I have trouble deciding between Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Both are just incredible villains. I have to go with Doc Ock for now.

Otherwise, let me rank the villains:

1. Doc Ock
2. Green Goblin
3. Venom
4. Lizard
5. Electro
6. Vulture
7. Scorpion
8. Sandman
9. Mysterio
10. Kingpin

I LOVE Brock's Venom. Everything about the character is awesome to me. Depending on my mood,I actually like Venom more than Spidey.

Trying to rank Spidey's villains by how much of a threat they present to Spidey. Starting with two categories, Physical and Mental threat. Feel free to call bull***** or help me categorize them. Perhaps theres a third category I have forgotten.

Physical threat would be a combination of a few factors, strength, speed and durability. Also taken into account are arsenal and fighting skills. (Both categories have to do with the resources at their disposal: thugs and henchmen, socioeconomic/political status.)

Venom/Carnage: 10
Electro:10
Green Goblin: 9
Doc Ock: 9
Lizard: 8
Scorpion: 8
Rhino: 8
Hobgoblin: 7
Kraven: 7
Mysterio: 7
Tombstone: 7
Kingpin: 6
Shocker: 6
Sandman: 6
Hydroman: 5
Vulture: 5
Jackal: 5
Morbius: 4
Hammerhead: 3
Enforcers: 3
Chameleon: 2

Mental threat is a little more complex, combining intelligence, tactical and strategic skill and also their knowledge of Spidey/Peter Parker's weaknesses. (Both categories have to do with the resources at their disposal: thugs and henchmen, socioeconomic/political status.)

Doc Ock: 10
Green Goblin: 10
Lizard: 9
Kraven: 9
Mysterio: 8
Chameleon: 8
Vulture: 8
Venom/Carnage: 7
Jackal: 7
Electro: 7
Kingpin: 7
Tombstone: 6
Hobgoblin: 6
Scorpion: 6
Morbius: 5
Shocker: 5
Sandman: 5
Hammerhead: 4
Hydroman: 3
Enforcers: 3
Rhino: 2

I figure a score of higher than 15 overall makes a villain interesting enough to hold a film on his own.

10 or higher would be interesting enough to be on screen in general. Less than 10 shouldn't be more than henchmen or cameos. imho

No 1 fav Mysterio always has been. 10 pts

All in list have there qualities but top 10 from list include.

2 Chameleon 9 pts
3 Scorpion 9 pts
4 Shocker 8 pts
5 Jackal 9 pts
6 Green Goblin 10 pts
7 Electro 8 pts
8 Sandman 7 pts
9 Lizard 9 pts
10 Rhino 7 pts

:woot:

1. Dr. Octopus
2. Green Goblin

The rest are all about equal in my eyes, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"