Batman Begins Real-life military use of microwave beams!

Anita18

DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
Reaction score
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/11/29/engine-car-stop.html

Emitted from a rooftop device, the radiation could be used by law enforcement officers to put an end to dangerous car chases or by military personnel as a non-lethal way of disabling vehicles that get too close for comfort.

To disable cars, the device first generates energy that is amplified using a generator. The energy is converted to microwave radiation and then directed, by way of a specially designed antenna, at the offender in a narrow beam.

The higher the frequency of the radiation, the more directed the beam, which allows the user to aim the energy at vulnerable car parts, such as light bulb filaments, lug nuts, frame bolts, or windshield antenna.

Having access to these locations is crucial because newer cars are made with lots of plastic parts, have rustproof paint that prevents electricity from conducting, and have computers already designed to withstand the electromagnetic energy coming from the car engine.
So...I guess using directed microwaves to zap water in a pipe is still a bit far fetched (I mean, without killing everyone in the vicinity) but I still thought this was neat.

Interesting...such as when there was rumors for the hoverboard to be created in Japan with the principle of opposite magnetic fields or something like this after Back to the Future part II was out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"