Civil War Registration Act? Or Something Else

ernesth100

The Writing Avenger
Reaction score
Now since Marvel has the difficulty of the fact that the majority of the heroes and villains here have public identies. Many have wondered how they can do the Registration Act. Some have stated an "Altered Registration Act" idea that it will involve SHIELD not just wanting the heroes with secret identities to reveal themselves. But even the public identity heroes to all register and become certified Agents of SHIELD.

Therefore secret identies won't matter because every hero regardless of whether they have an secret identity or not will have to register. But I have had thoughts that it may deal with something totally different a different hero community splitting situation. While I don't know what that could possibly be, perhaps you guys could come up with some ideas.

Or do you prefer the Altered Registration Act idea?

Didn't Kevin Feige say on the day that this was announced that it wasn't about registration?

Considering SHIELD was oversaw by the World Security Council, I'm wondering if they or a group similar to them will be the ones calling for the need to have superheroes under governmental control.

Im pretty sure its going to be about heroes being tied to governments/being government agents.

Like they will have to answer and work for the government

Given everything that happened in Ultron, it's probably a lot about controlling superhuman activities. Stark tries to implement something to regulate everything and stop disasters before they happen.
Cap?
"Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time."

Im pretty sure its going to be about heroes being tied to governments/being government agents.

Like they will have to answer and work for the government
So basically Altered Registration Act like some have assumed?

I think we already saw the major tipping point for the plot in CW. When the Hulk's mind is screwed with by Scarlet Witch he causes a massive amount of damage and it appears lives were lost as well. I think that is significant and urges not only the public but also governments towards keeping these heroes under control...maybe under government oversight. So...in some way it would be registering....not their identity but more their free will.

True. The Avengers caused the decimation in Jo-Berg. Scarlet Witch and Hulk, and the Avengers are having none of these guys pressing charges, so who are they accountable to? Time to bring them in, one way or another. This is on top of Ultron, who caused so much destruction around the world, being a product of the Avengers. Really, and honestly, if Thanos wasn't coming, the Avengers would be Earth's Mightiest Problem.

Here's what rumormills are pulling from the casting reports:

Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.

So in short, regulation instead of Registration, which is really what the registration in the comics was about at the end of the day, leading to the government-controlled 50-state Initiative.

I had a very simple (maybe too much) hypothesis for Civil War.
We saw at the end of AoU that Cap is at the head of the new Avengers "academy".

What if the government decided to make it compulsory for superheroes to enlist in it, and Cap refused?
Negotiations get hostile, Steve must go roge, and Tony Takes his chance and becomes the head of the Academy (playing the same role as the 50 States Initiative)

That could be cool too. The people Cap had been training/working with are now working for Tony and it doesn't always go so well for Tony. That'd be the most interesting rather than having Cap take his whole team on the run. Him, slowly gathering Sharon, Bucky, Black Panther and Spider-Man to help him with the day could be really cool.

I had a very simple (maybe too much) hypothesis for Civil War.
We saw at the end of AoU that Cap is at the head of the new Avengers "academy".

What if the government decided to make it compulsory for superheroes to enlist in it, and Cap refused?
Negotiations get hostile, Steve must go roge, and Tony Takes his chance and becomes the head of the Academy (playing the same role as the 50 States Initiative)

I think you are pretty close here. I thought the end of AoU was interesting that Cap saw himself finding his place in the new world, the line about "the guy that wanted to settle down and have a normal life died in the ice 75 years ago. Somebody else woke up."

I think this is going to get turned on it's head, when the government wants to tag people with enhanced abilities. Stark knows he must come back and set things straight. He's still worried about the end game, and that he needs to do all that he can to protect the world.

You saw a bit of this on AoS last night when Gonzalez was killed because he wanted to register the Inhumans so if there was an identified threat they could intervene.

Have any of you read the leaked outline that may or may not be true?

What leaked outline? If it came from Reddit it's probably ********.

Maybe some sort of combination between regulation of superhero activity and the fact that captain is trying to find and help Winter Soldier who killed Tony's parents??!!!! And when tony finds out he gets mad?!! :huh::whatever:

Didn't Kevin Feige say on the day that this was announced that it wasn't about registration?

No, he said it wasn't about secret identities. He did say it was about registration and oversight. If you re-read Civil War, the comics were about that too. Superheroes had to reveal their identity to the government, but no hero actually had to reveal it to the public. Obviously, people remember Peter Parker's show of faith in the new program by publicly revealing it, but it wasn't required.

The act is about forcing all heroes and vigilantes to work for the government. It doesn't make sense to just go with Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff, etc. all make sense as individuals who need to be held accountable in the government's mind.

The official synopsis addresses this:
“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.
Basically, it's about controlling how and when the Avengers can operate. Interesting point in the wording is that the regulations are specifically about "the team" -- it doesn't mention superhumans in general. Though I might be reading too much into that.

I suspect it'll go beyond the team (at a minimum, in order to include Spider-Man into the regulation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"