Remember - ROM

The Wrecker

Civilian
Reaction score
This would also be cool for the film make over!
What do you think?

Why would anyone make a movie about Read-Only-Memory?

An instant test of one's age...

ROM=Space Knight? OLD

ROM=Read-Only-Memory? YOUNG.

Never gave a crap about ROM until I had to take a train to Kansas and went to stock up on reading materials for the ride.
Bought the ROM annual simply because it was thicker than the others.
But the story inside,with the Dire-Wraiths,and the angst of these people that were imprisoned inside robot bodies to defend their home planet?

It stands up there with one of my top 50 favorite comics EVER.

Which seems odd,'cause....I mean,we're talking about ROM :confused: .

Isn't ROM owned by someone other than Marvel now? I'm pretty sure unless I'm confusing him with someone else.

skorponok said:
Isn't ROM owned by someone other than Marvel now? I'm pretty sure unless I'm confusing him with someone else.

I don't think Marvel ever owned ROM: Spaceknight in the first place. ROM started out as a toy first, Marvel entered into a partnership with the toymaker to create a comic based upon the toyline. I'm not sure if the toymaker was Hasbro or Mattel.

redlion2 said:
I don't think Marvel ever owned ROM: Spaceknight in the first place. ROM started out as a toy first, Marvel entered into a partnership with the toymaker to create a comic based upon the toyline. I'm not sure if the toymaker was Hasbro or Mattel.

Parker Bros, who I think was its own company at the time. I think Hasbro owns them now, but I'm not sure.

Sounds like a cool story. But his suit the one picture i saw of it looked like crap does anyone have a better one?

I really doubt Rom could ever make a decent movie. And I actually read the comic when it first came out.
BTW-yes, it was a toy first, just like He-Man.

Oh, i think it would make an AWESOME movie! Aliens taking over the earth through espionage and silent infiltration, with a mis-understood champion who gave up his humanity the only thing between them and us? I think it would make a great movie, or tv series!

Didn't Marvel do a miniseries about the Spaceknights a couple years ago? I think it had something to do with Rom's son or something.

CaptainStacy said:
Oh, i think it would make an AWESOME movie! Aliens taking over the earth through espionage and silent infiltration, with a mis-understood champion who gave up his humanity the only thing between them and us? I think it would make a great movie, or tv series!

Totally agree. Kind of a mix of super heroics, "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "They Live" :)

Unlikely; they haven't printed the comic in well over 20 years. I don't see there being a huge market for it.

It was acyually based on a toy and the toy company owns th rights. I bought the first issue of that series and collected it for several years. Don't think I collected it to the end but close. I used to love the concept and I loved the 'Saga of the Spaceknights' included in each book.
I just got the Marvel Legacy 1980s Handbook last month and it has the Spaceknights mentioned, even takes 3 pages to cover them. It also says that Brandy became a Spaceknight? Don't remember that! But anyway, great comics! Would LOVE to see a movie!

I remember he didn't use contractions or use lethal force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"