RESCUE ME: Season 5 - 22 consecutive weeks

oh ok, I just forgot his name on the show

i can't remember where i read it, but i think White Sean is still around for next and possibly final season and the producers said they wanted to give him a good send-off being a hero or something of sorts.

I've thought about something like this too, where they make it seem like he's getting worse/going to die this season when it turns out to be a complete surprise, if anyone actually dies. Would be a nice surprise if everyone lived since last season ended with a death.

I think Tommy is going to die at the end of the shows run. Just has that feel.

I can totally see the last scene of this show being Tommy running into a fire to save someone knowing he wont survive. Kinda akin to the ending of The Wrestler. And yea I was getting the feeling that white Sean is gonna die. Which will piss me off cuz Steven Pasquale is a damn good actor and Sean is a great character hell off of these characters are awesome I dont wanna see any of them die. That ep 2 weeks ago "Torch" was just absolutely amazing and I loved how they showed that Tommy is and always will be the single best Firefighter at Truck 62.

I don't know, its like they are just setting up something really bad to happen to the new guy his nephew "Damien" is it?

And Franco's new girl kind of looks like Franco which is just freaky.

Something's definitely gonna happen to Damien. Either he's gonna get messed up badly or he's gonna see something that puts it all into perspective just what he got himself into. Either way, this show is still great and I hope they can make it to a final seventh season, but I'd understand if they have to make 6 the final season.

Hey guys, I haven't watched this show yet...but have got all episodes on my hard disk.

Knowing nothing about this, what type of show can I expect?

Sometimes it's a real gritty drama, other times it nears ridiculousity amounts of hilarity. It's a mixed bag. But the first three seasons are damn solid.

I was a huge fan of "Rescue Me." The first three seasons were great television. But the show took a downward spiral during the fourth season, and I don't think it has rebounded.

I never had a problem with the deaths on the show, because the series merited them. But after they killed Johnny off in season three, the deaths quickly became cliche. Whenever the show needed to up the drama, they killed a character off. Chief Reilly's death was shocking, and I actually didn't have a problem with it, but the quality of season 4's episodes was so poor you could tell the writers decided to kill him off to "spice things up" (that and Denis Leary's arguments with Jack McGee). Then, they killed off Tommy's father at the end of the fourth season, for no reason other than he was old and the writers ran out of offbeat stories for him. And now, I've read two main characters will die by the end of the season. It seems like one of the only reasons why people watch the show now is to see who dies.

Season 2 had excellent drama. Jeanie's alzheimer's, Lou's relationship with Candy, Tommy's marriage rebounding and then falling apart after Connor died. Season three was great too. Lou dived into deep depression following his financial ruin, Mike questioned his sexuality, and Franco contemplated his future in the house. It was great. But then, nothing major happened in the fourth season, and the fifth season is pretty much the same way.

Now, they've come along and re-introduced Damien as a cocky wannabe firefighter. It really feels like they're going to kill him off to amp the drama. And that means next season we'll have to deal with more of Sheila's emotional baggage, more love triangle nonsense between Tommy, Janet and Sheila, and yet another family ghost for Tommy to get into a drunken argument with.

The show is just recycling plot mechanisms over and over again. Hell, Candy came back and is now engaged to Lou after she ripped him off big time in the second season. Tommy is still screwing around with Sheila after she date raped him and almost killed him in a fire. Janet is still in the picture even though both she and Tommy seem to want their marriage to be over. I used to care about these characters and I actually loved their plotlines in the first three seasons. But now I don't care at all about them and just wish they'd go away.

So if the show is to get better, the writers will at least kill off Sheila so we don't have to put up with her whiny emotional problems. Kill off Damien too, I don't care as long as they take Sheila with him. They should also have Janet move away again, only this time she doesn't come back.

Of course, they won't do that. They'll kill off Damien, and maybe take someone like Franco or Lou along with him. Then they'll be replaced by another idiot comedian Denis Leary is friends with, who plays a two dimensional character no one cares about, and the show will continue to crash and burn until it ends.

I loved how Lou kicked Tommy's ass verbally and physically.

But some things on the show are starting to bother me. And sadly they all revolve around Tommy

1) The show's whole dramatic angle this season has been about Tommy. Sean's cancer couldve went that route but they decided to make it more comedic (fine by me). And all of Tommy's drama this season has been about women and it's really tiresome
2) The women in this show are just written like s***. It's predictable: every women who interacts with him is gonna have sex with Tommy. The first 2 seasons it was funny but now it's just annoying. Women roles in rescue me a) Come in, b) Sleep with Tommy, c) Piss off or screw over some male character. I mean they could kill off any of the women characters and still have a damn good show
3) The whole Shelia/Tommy/Janet thing is played out and just annoying because Tommy should know what happens whenever he gets involved with one of them and yet he still does it. It was fine the first couple of seasons now its just repetitive
4) What's up with Lou saying he basically hates Tommy (not in a light way, like he was dead serious and he's said it before) but then he always goes back to him? It's like they're in an abusive relationship
Comedy wise Tommy is still on point though

I guess I don't have a problem with the recycled meet/bang chick angle since I know guys like that but when they keep Sheila around especially after the whole lesbian stuff, I realized they were just a bunch of guys/friends sitting in a writers room telling stories for themselves.

I understand the hit and quit thing. But all Im saying is on the show every woman in the world seems attracted to Tommy even though they all know he's messed up and even if they say no at first eventually in an ep or 2 its obvious what will happen

It's Denis Leary. He thinks he's hot ****, and since he helped create this show, he gets to hire actractive actresses like Maura Tierny or Marisa Tomei and have his character have on-screen sex with them. When in reality, no reasonable woman would want to have sex with Denis Leary.

First chick that came to mind when Jimmy just upped and vanished.

Now this happened in 1985 If I'm not mistaken. Colleen might be around 22-23. That would be something if she wasn't Tommy's daughter.

I must have heard something else. I wasn't paying too much attention to the episode.

Anyone have any ideas as to who will die at the end of the season? Apparently one or two main characters are getting the axe...

I think one of the following are getting the axe. Janet, Chief Nelson or Garrity.

I would think if Sean's cancer comes back, they send him off saving someone in a fire.

I think Needles is getting the axe myself. He's the most expendable. If they knocked off Mike, Sean, Lou or Franco, I doubt fans would want to watch anymore.

Plus, Needles had that whole speech with Tommy about how he would hate to have to tell Janet and his kids that Tommy died... it might be possible that Tommy will have to do that for Needles, and it might be Tommy's fault Needles died...

but who the hell knows, I can never tell with this show. I thought they'd keep Jerry til the very end after they had him survive his heart attack, and then they killed him off three episodes later...

I was just reading Michael Ausiello's question/ answer column for Entertainment Weekly, and he includes the following vague spoiler:

Question: Do you have any other hints about what main character is going to get shot on either Nurse Jackie, Rescue Me, True Blood, Weeds, The Closer, Mad Men, Entourage, or Burn Notice? Seriously, there are too many possible characters! —Maddie

Ausiello: Burn Notice’s season just concluded (in spectacular fashion) and, as far as I could tell, not a single major character got shot in the chest by a relative. So that narrows the list to just seven. And I already ruled out Mad Men, so that brings it to six. Bonus clue: The victim is male!

After narrowing it down... I can only assume the main character is Tommy... because the rest of those remaining shows have female leads, and that doesn't seem like something you'd see in Entourage...

Im gonna be so sad and pissed of simulatneously when they off Garrity. I dont think any of the characters needa be offed cept for maybe Sheila. Im tired of her. Would be really crazy if they offed Damien. I still wish they never killed Johnny. I always liked him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"