Researchers aim to resurrect mammoth in five years

I always love reading about stuff like this...I'm just not sure it's a good idea. If recreating the Mammoth is successful, then what?

If this works, some zoo is going to make an awful lot of money.

Hey, we kind of helped out in the extinction of the Mammoth (granted, the Ice Age was a factor, but the cave men hunted them) so it'd be ironic to actually bring them back. But hey, if they can, good for them? :up:

Coming Summer 2012 -

They thought they were on a breakthrough of science
But they soon discovered...

that an elephant NEVER forgives.

MAMMOTH

Only on....SyFy.
SyFy already made a movie called Mammoth. :oldrazz: I know one of the writers from another forum.

Mammoth II: Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

I don't know why we should bother with this. It'll just drop dead like all the other animals lately. :whatever:

Seriously this is something I would love to see come true. It will probably be the closest thing to a dinosuar we get for a long time, if ever.

SyFy already made a movie called Mammoth. :oldrazz: I know one of the writers from another forum.

That just proves how sad SyFy is if something I thought was farfetched actually exists.

That just proves how sad SyFy is if something I thought was farfetched actually exists.
Do you know what really is sad............they are making a profit..yeah ppl are watching them......yeah.....

Do you know what really is sad............they are making a profit..yeah ppl are watching them......yeah.....

Why wouldn't you watch them? B movies are far more entertaining than most A movies.

Just in case this resurrected Mammoth gets outta line, I got somethin waitin for him

12-18-2009+MMPR+1.jpg

PLAY NO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cmad:

Everybody knows scientists really love their childhoods, they don't really want a mammoth. They want thier own Snuffleupagus.

Next, they should clone dinosaurs. And put lasers on them.

dinoriders.jpg

If you think about it, it's kinda sad because image being the ONLY mammath in the world. It would be lonely for Mr. Wooly.

Well we're already killing off entires species of animals, might as well create some new ones.

Yes, rather than trying to resurrect animals that have been extinct for millions of years, wouldn't the funding be better spent trying to preserve animals that are going extinct now?

In Canada alone we have lost:

Dawson's Caribou, Sea Mink, Great Auk, Labrador Duck, Passenger Pigeon, Deepwater Cisco, Longjaw Cisco, Banff Longnose Dace, Blue Walleye

We are in imminent danger of losing:

Mammals: Peary Caribou (Banks Island and High Arctic population), Eastern Cougar, Vancouver Island Marmot, Sea Otter, Bowhead Whale, Right Whale, Beluga Whale (St. Lawrence River, Ungava Bay and Southeast Baffin Island-Cumberland Sound populations), Wolverine (Eastern population).
Birds: Whooping Crane, Eskimo Curlew, Northern Bobwhite, Harlequin Duck (Eastern population), Anatum Peregrine Falcon, Acadian Flycatcher, Spotted Owl, Mountain Plover, Piping Plover, King Rail, Loggerhead Shrike (Eastern population), Henslow's Sparrow, Sage Thrasher, Kirtland's Warbler.
Amphibians: Blanchard's Cricket Frog.
Reptiles: Blue Racer Snake, Lake Erie Water Snake, Leatherback Turtle.
Fish: Salish Sucker, Aurora Trout, Acadian Whitefish.

Want to be scared? Look at the worldwide list of Endangered Species:

http://www.earthsendangered.com/list_html.asp

Poor elephant. :(

I wouldn't fancy a mammoth coming out of me.

"Oohh, Aahh, that's how all of this starts, but then later there's the running and screaming."

Yes, rather than trying to resurrect animals that have been extinct for millions of years, wouldn't the funding be better spent trying to preserve animals that are going extinct now?

Dawson's Caribou, Sea Mink, Great Auk, Labrador Duck, Passenger Pigeon, Deepwater Cisco, Longjaw Cisco, Banff Longnose Dace, Blue Walleye

Mammals: Peary Caribou (Banks Island and High Arctic population), Eastern Cougar, Vancouver Island Marmot, Sea Otter, Bowhead Whale, Right Whale, Beluga Whale (St. Lawrence River, Ungava Bay and Southeast Baffin Island-Cumberland Sound populations), Wolverine (Eastern population).
Birds: Whooping Crane, Eskimo Curlew, Northern Bobwhite, Harlequin Duck (Eastern population), Anatum Peregrine Falcon, Acadian Flycatcher, Spotted Owl, Mountain Plover, Piping Plover, King Rail, Loggerhead Shrike (Eastern population), Henslow's Sparrow, Sage Thrasher, Kirtland's Warbler.

Fully agreed, wouldn't it be easier to bring back things like the Tasmanian Tiger, etc.?

It's impossible because we lack a mammoth uterus to implant the embryo into and we'd be injecting the mammoth nucleus into a non-mammoth oocyte; at best, we'd get a mammoth hybrid with whatever species donated the denucleated egg cell, but not a 'real' mammoth.

That doesn't scare me at all. Every extinction makes way for a new species. That's how the world works.

This is in Japan though. They're probably just trying to come up with new ingredients for Iron Chef.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"