Resident Evil 5: New Camera changes

Zenien

Reaction score
Resident Evil 5 to see some changes to the camera?
By Keza MacDonald - 23/08/2006 - 12:54pm GMT

Snippets of info from Leipzig suggest that some changes are being made to the over-the-shoulder camera.

Pro-G's intrepid wonder-reporters in Leipzig have gleaned a little snippet of information about Resident Evil 5 from Capcom's Jun Takeuchi (the interview was supposed to be about Lost Planet, but we just couldn't resist). Takeuchi-san confirmed that the game will indeed use the third-person perspective utilised in Resi 4, but it will also have a perhaps surprising measure of the new - although he refused to be specific, Tekeuchi happily recounted how production staff at Capcom had groaned "Oh god, he's gone and invented ANOTHER one" at each of Mikami's ideas for the new instalment. Promising indeed.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/23-08-2006-3466.html

Good to hear. I didn't enjoy the over-the-shoulder look myself. maybe RE5 will actually focus on the horror a little more?

Best of both worlds, baby. Now I need to just dig up RE2 and I'm good to go. I'm also on planning on getting RE: CVX.

They need to just steal the Splinter Cell camera system and leave it at that.

Manny Calavera said:

Best camera system ever. :up:

The over the shoulder view worked well for most of the game... It was clightly confusing at the start though.

Manny Calavera said:

The OTS system is the best camera ever. Definatly don't want it to go to Splinter Cell style.

What's the camera going to be? RE4's worked perfectly. And made the series good again.

I agree with what has been said. The RE4 camera was absolutely perfect. There is no need to change it.

RE4 was the best RE.

Let's hope they keep it the same. It's sad that this will be only on PS3 though...I'll miss it.

TheCardPlayer said:
RE4 was the best RE.

Let's hope they keep it the same. It's sad that this will be only on PS3 though...I'll miss it.
Where'd you hear it was going to be PS3 exclusive? Because I'm pretty sure it'll be on the 360 too.

TheCardPlayer said:
RE4 was the best RE.

RE5 will only be for the PS3???!!! :huh:

RE5 is going to be on the Xbox360. Some idiot at 1up said he wanted RE5 to be PS3 exclusive to make up for no Smackdown vs. Raw 2007, and everyone took that as it was what was going to happen.

It's going to be on the 360. Don't spread idiocy.

WhatsHisFace said:
RE5 is going to be on the Xbox360. Some idiot at 1up said he wanted RE5 to be PS3 exclusive to make up for no Smackdown vs. Raw 2007, and everyone took that as it was what was going to happen.

It's going to be on the 360. Don't spread idiocy.
I knew he either had to have just pulled it out of his ass or been misinformed by some other dumbass spreading stupid ****. Truth be told though, if RE5 were PS3 exclusive, it'd probably be the only thing to get me to buy the system.

Interestingly enough, with all the bad stuff we're hearing about the PS3, more and more each day, I'd still get one for Shenmue 3. :(

althought RE was indeed one of the best games for ps2 it was dissapointing because the game was so "not scary" even if i played it in the middle of the night at three when i was expecting the hair on my neck to stand up i was let down, lets hope RE5 is does a much better job of scareing the crap out of u

WhatsHisFace said:
Interestingly enough, with all the bad stuff we're hearing about the PS3, more and more each day, I'd still get one for Shenmue 3. :(

You're as bad as the MGS ****es who are getting one just for MGS4. :down::mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"