• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Return of the living dead: Necropolis

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
I have been told I have made a huge mistake (to somewhat quote arrested development, best comedy EVER) in getting this on dvd, but we will see i. It arrived today so hopefully I will get to watch it later.

I just couldn't resist...it's zombies, man! zombies with guns and armour and whatnot! Tell me you could resist :(

But yeah, hopefully I won't be crying by the end of it. zombies make almost anything better (I even enjoyed HOTD2...ok that was partly down to victoria pratt, but you get my point).

wish me luck, and feel free to discuss your thoughts.

I would've watched it first, then made a thread about it.

P.S. what is this crap with the taking of the 80's classics and tacking their name onto a direct to video movie that has little to do with original?

They did the same with Day of the Dead.

Wanted to do it now in case I forgot later. Memory sucks :p

Oh god was Day of the Dead 2 terrible or what?

I haven't seen it yet.
But I will watch anything with zombies, even though it's unanimous that it sucks.

This movie blew chunks!

I saw it on SciFi when it premiered, and it was just terrible.

Why would you buy this if its on for free on Sci-Fi channel?

Darthphere said:
Why would you buy this if its on for free on Sci-Fi channel?

Because it's safer than taking ten dollars and setting it ablaze.

I just ordered this, with all the other Return movies, the crappy Day of the Dead 2 dvd, the remake of Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of the Dead, and all the itallian Zombi movies off of amazon...I'm a zombie ****e :(

horror movies aren't exactly known for their logic, but this one is just stupid

"where are my supposedly dead parents?"

"in the secret weapons wing"

"Oh i'm sure they're just fine in the SECRET WEAPONS wing"

*bangs head repeatedly*

Tell me that's not an actual quote.

I don't have sci fi channel :(

Just basic tv (which is a measley FIVE channels in the uk :( )

The Joker said:
I just ordered this, with all the other Return movies, the crappy Day of the Dead 2 dvd, the remake of Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of the Dead, and all the itallian Zombi movies off of amazon...I'm a zombie ****e :(

I'm with ya.

Day of the Dead 2 is terrible though,....I don't want to spoil it for you but the 'explanation' it gives for the zombies....UGH.

Dawn remake is one of my favourite movies ever, as are Shaun and ROTLD1 and 3 (an underrated classic which has a lot of emotion and cool moments).

Main reason I ordered this is cause I enjoyed 8 Legged freaks.

that the virus ''evolves'' us into zombies (tougher, stronger, more durable'' and that's not the worst part, it's actually an alien virus (remember this is supposed to be explaining Romero's movies).

Bet ya wish you never asked now :p

They don't have the avatar to describe it :(But that's a good start.I watched it at a horror festival in the uk called frightfest, and people had fun with it, but in the sso bad it's hillarious way. It's probably not as downright bad as say house of the dead, but still very very bad. But you could probably have a laugh at it's expense, but considering they used the name of a GOOD zombie movie...:(

Horrorfan said:
Tell me that's not an actual quote.

I don't have sci fi channel :(

Just basic tv (which is a measley FIVE channels in the uk :( )

not quite, but pretty much the stupidest plot point of the movie in a nutshell

The first ten minutes or so seemed ok, then it all went down hill.

I will say however, the last ''battle'' in the building almost made it worth it just because of how bad it was...suddenly, they all turn into the power rangers! I thought the hand to hand fighting in the RE movies was a bad idea, but this was so bad it was funny. I mean the zombies can learn to block, parry and punch!!! :lol:

I could have dealt with the zombies going down from head shots...I know its not how it was in the old series, but I see this series as not exactly continuity dependent, so if it was entertaining, I could have dealt. But then zombies go down from body shots????? That's just silly....

The acting starts out fairly amaturish but tolerable, and deteriorates thoughout the movie.

I don't mind a stupid movie either, if it's entertaining. But this goes beyond that....one of the group's head is torn off and his brains pretty much eaten out of his skull. One of his friends (who sees this) says (in all seriousness, and without a hint of irony) ''he could still be alive''.
It's not even as good as the terrible second movie, and not a patch on 1 and 3.

It was also boring as hell....which is a shame, because the trailer made it look sort of cool.

I remember renting Day of the Dead 2: Contagion. Is contagion even a word?? Anyway, it was so friggin' bad. The only good thing about it is that Bruce Campbell dubbed his voice for the main cop in it. I haven't watched Return of the Living Dead 4 yet. It's on my Netflix list. I've been scared to bump it up. I might have to for my friend and my cheesy movie night.

I know you're not gonna heed my advice, because like me, you probably feel like you have to watch it to see, it really is a bad movie, and I like ALMOST anything zombie :(

Oh I'm sure it will be total crap, but I'll see it. That's what my friend's and my Friday cheesy movie night is all about. Stupid, cheesy horror movies.

is return 2 out on dvd, i dont really care about 4 and 5 and already have 3 and the speical edition of 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"