the return of the living dead series

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
we all know romero's films have a huge fan base but is anyone else a fan of the other living dead series. they always seem to be over looked

the first is a classic and has some great ideas for zombies but mixs the horror and comedy superbly along with one of the best endings in horror

the army just nukes the outbreak killing everyone

the second is not all that great but a decent film in a so bad it's good kinda way, though getting an original unaltered copy is near impossible on dvd

3 gets kinda a mixed reception some love it some hate it,but i find it interesting, the idea of a film about someone slowly turning into a zombie and doing everything in her power to stop the hunger, the love story is tolerable if you just let go

4 &5 do not exsist for me:oldrazz:

anyone else got views on the series

1 is good. 3 is great. 2, 4 and 5 suck. 4&5 are also among the worst movies I have ever seen.

Return of the Living Dead is a masterpiece.

The second one is terrible. It's almost kids friendly...

The third one is completely different from the previous films. Gone is the humour and the zombies are just typical zombies. They should have removed the mention of trioxin and the zombies' hunger for brains, and just called the film "I Was a Teenage Zombie".

I don't remember 4 & 5, and I don't want to.

The first two are among my favorite Horror films and the third isn't bad although IMO it would've been better as a stand-alone movie, as it's so different from the first two it feels like it belongs in a different series. I never saw 4 and 5.

The first one was great along with the soundtrack. I still watch it on a regular basis. Tarman ranks up there among the great zombies on film of all time, up there with Bub and Flyboy.

The rest blew.

The first one is still incredible and is still one of my favorite zombie films. :up:

I prefer them is this order, ROTLD 2, ROTLD 1 & ROTLD 3.

I believe Return of the Living Dead was the first zombie comedy, and it is still the king of that genre. Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland go nothing on it.

Yeah, it's a dark comedy. It's not light hearted. It manages to balance horror and comedy in equal measure, like An American Werewolf in London. It doesn't even have a happy ending...

I prefer them is this order, ROTLD 2, ROTLD 1 & ROTLD 3.

I thought I was the only one who liked ROTLD2. Good to see another who likes it, I always felt it was shamefully underrated. I love it just as much as the first and am undecided as to which I prefer, I enjoy both in their own way.

The first ROTLD is more of a Horror-Comedy than anything. It has some eerie moments but it's definitely more humorous than it is scary, though it has moments of the latter.

Yeah, it's a dark comedy. It's not light hearted. It manages to balance horror and comedy in equal measure, like An American Werewolf in London. It doesn't even have a happy ending...
Very true. You've got ot love the scene where one of the zombies calls for more cops, lol.

the main problems i have with two is it couldn't quite get the balance the first on had.

plus its extremely hard to get a copy of the original, the current dvd has none of the orginial soundtrack, voices dubbed over and lines changed. hell when the girls gives herself over to her zombie boyfriend the new voice sounds like she's enjoying it a bit too much.

sadly the same thing happened to the collectors edition of the first film, the studio interfered and didn't pay the rights

The first one was great along with the soundtrack. I still watch it on a regular basis. Tarman ranks up there among the great zombies on film of all time, up there with Bub and Flyboy.

The rest blew.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the series.

I love the opening theme to the first movie.

"What, you think this is a ****ing costume? This is a way of life!"

"I thought you said if we destroyed the brain, it'd die!"
"It worked in the movie!"
"Well, it ain't working now!"
"You mean the movie LIED?!!!"

I love this movie, after seeing it for the first time me and my friends debated for about an hour over how we would've stopped the zombies after the outbreak.

I think the problem with Part 2 was that it focused a little too much on the comedy part, whereas the first balanced it out with the horror.

Too bad that the Trioxin Theme was never released anywhere, that was a kick-ass theme.

Also, did anyone else notice that some of the zombies didn't even have zombie make-up on, but just mud on their faces?

ROTLD is great. i wanted to have so much sex with the naked punk rock chick.

Yeah, especially the part when the paramedics get in the truck and turn the headlights on.

William Munns originally did the makeup effects. O'Bannon was so unhappy with Munn's work that Munns was fired, and Kenny Myers came into to finish up the project (additional makeup effects, such as the talking half-corpse, were supplied by Tony Gardner). Most of Munns work remains in long-shots and group-shots; his version of the decapitated zombie is almost entirely replaced except for one brief cut of it pinned to the ground. Strangely, one of the makeup highlights in the film is the Tar Man; except for a few insert close-ups, the version scene in the film is entirely Munns' work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"