• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant's "Cemetery Junction"

Heisenberg

I Am The Danger
Reaction score
209ix3s.jpg

CEMETERY JUNCTION BEGINS PRODUCTION IN LONDON

London, 16th June 2009 - Filming starts in London today Tuesday 16th June on CEMETERY JUNCTION, the first movie written and directed by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, the multi-award winning team behind The Office and Extras.

RALPH FIENNES (The Reader, Schindler's List),
RICKY GERVAIS (The Invention of Lying, Ghost Town),
EMILY WATSON (Synecdoche, New York, Breaking the Waves) and
MATTHEW GOODE (Watchmen, Brideshead Revisited)
feature alongside stars-of-the-future CHRISTIAN COOKE, FELICITY JONES, TOM HUGHES and JACK DOOLAN.

CEMETERY JUNCTION tells the funny, touching and universal story of being trapped in a small town and dreaming of escape. In 1970s England, three blue-collar friends spend their days joking, drinking, fighting and chasing girls.

Freddie (Christian Cooke) wants to leave their working-class world but cool, charismatic Bruce (Tom Hughes) and lovable loser Snork (Jack Doolan) are happy with life the way it is.

When Freddie gets a new job as a door-to-door salesman and bumps into his old school sweetheart Julie (Felicity Jones), the gang are forced to make choices that will change their lives for ever.

Ricky and Stephen Merchant say, "CEMETERY JUNCTION is going to be glossy and glorious, full of humour, romance and drama, as well as our usual observations on the truth and absurdity of real life."

Follow Ricky's blog on rickygervais.com as the film progresses through production.

CEMETERY JUNCTION will be in cinemas in 2010.

^Click the link to Ricky's blog for filming updates/pictures. :up:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196204/

(Did a search, couldn't find a thread. If you can find it, feel free to merge/delete etc.)

I never heard of this...weren't they making...well, something else. The Other Side of the Truth and something that was called The Man from Pru?

The Other Side Of The Truth is another film starring Gervais, that Merchant isn't involved in. This was titled The Men From The Pru before it was renamed to Cemetery Junction.

Gervais & Merchants first feature film, expecting a lot from this.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

I'll look forward to anything these guys make.

Other Side of Truth is out in September.

Given their track record on everything they've done, this should be must see.

Other Side of Truth is out in September.

Given their track record on everything they've done, this should be must see.

Gervais is involved? Count me in.

From Ricky's Blog:
So as you know, (if you live in London), it was an overcast day today with scattered showers.

I know this, as I was filming outdoors, and looking up at the sky for 8 hours wishing it was sunnier.

Guess what. I got sunburn. Brilliant.

Matthew Goode started today and did a bit of snazzy driving for us.

25rfafp.jpg

Jude Law would've owned Ozy. Having said that, I don't hate Matthew Goode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"