• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ricky Gervais in The Invention Of Lying

Heisenberg

I Am The Danger
Reaction score
Formerly titled "This Side Of The Truth".

UK Trailer is Online: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

International trailer will be online today also and is cut by a different studio and contains completely new footage, at least according to the co-director Matthew Robinson on his blog.

The script for this is absolutely brilliant, and I love seeing some of it on the screen for the trailer. Can't wait.

And this is from Ricky's Blog....

J.J. Abrams (Star Trek Director) watched The Invention of Lying and said it was one of his favourite films. I know I shouldn't care what people think - some people will like it, some will hate it, and some won't care either way. But the reason I'm so excited in this instance is that I think J.J. is one of the most exciting directors out there at the moment. He's like the new Spielberg, and well, I was honestly blown away.

He also said...

Ricky Gervais proves, once again, that he is the master. Not only of comedy, but social commentary. 'The Invention of Lying' is as funny as it is biting, wholly original, and surprisingly moving. Is there such thing as an important comedy? Turns out there is, and this is it. If you're still reading this, you should stop immediately and go see 'The Invention of Lying!'"

This is better than meeting Elmo. Well as good anyway

I rather like the premise. I might consider seeing it.

this looks like a great movie. I'll definitely be seeing this!

I didn't like the trailer, but Gervais's humor isn't really all that trailer-friendly and I do love him and the premise, so I'm sure I'll be seeing it.

Hideous title though. I liked the other one better. '"This Side of the Truth'' is less obvious.

haha, nice. i like it. anyone see Ghost Town, with Gervais? looks in the same kind of style. i can't wait to see it! i love these kinds of movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"