Ridin’ with Biden

How quickly is this shift happening? I’ve seen people discuss that before here.

The shift began in Nebraska several days after SCOTUS gutted Dobbs for a special U.S. House Rep election. The D candidate only lost by 7000 votes in what was considered a safe R district. Then the sweeping repudiation of Vote No in KS where 20% of R primary voters joined with Ds and unaffiliated folks to preserve abortion.

Abbott is currently polling in the low 40s, a range most political strategists say is “lose your election” territory.

If people turn out in November like they did in Kansas, some Rs are going to lose their seats that they didn’t expect to. One of them could be a certain TX governor.

The shift began in Nebraska several days after SCOTUS gutted Dobbs for a special U.S. House Rep election. The D candidate only lost by 7000 votes in what was considered a safe R district. Then the sweeping repudiation of Vote No in KS where 20% of R primary voters joined with Ds and unaffiliated folks to preserve abortion.

Abbott is currently polling in the low 40s, a range most political strategists say is “lose your election” territory.

If people turn out in November like they did in Kansas, some Rs are going to lose their seats that they didn’t expect to. One of them could be a certain TX governor.
I'll try not to get my hopes too high. Not much good news these days, but it sure would be nice.

I'll try not to get my hopes too high. Not much good news these days, but it sure would be nice.

People need to vote like we’re five points behind. That’s how “vote no” won by a massive margin in KS. And the political advertising for Vote No was brilliant, used R attack strategies to good effect.

With the baggage R governors are facing due to their trigger abortion laws, the Kansas vote has made them a prime target. Especially if pro democracy PACs in TX, MO and GA pound them the way Vote No did.

Nothing is set in stone, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 2022 was a blue tsunami.

People need to vote like we’re five points behind. That’s how “vote no” won by a massive margin in KS. And the political advertising for Vote No was brilliant, used R attack strategies to good effect.

With the baggage R governors are facing due to their trigger abortion laws, the Kansas vote has made them a prime target. Especially if pro democracy PACs in TX, MO and GA pound them the way Vote No did.

Nothing is set in stone, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 2022 was a blue tsunami.
I hope you're right. I wasn't feeling too positive about the midterms until this week.

I hope you're right. I wasn't feeling too positive about the midterms until this week.

I felt good about the Senate staying blue after November, but worried about the House. The odds are increasingly favorable to pick up at least 2 D Senate seats (probably more if voter enthusiasm favors Ds and indies) and odds are saying that the House will be VERY competitive.

Keep in mind the House majority lost seats in 2020. But we'll see come Election Night or the day after to see whether that majority is lost or whether they ADD seats.

I felt good about the Senate staying blue after November, but worried about the House. The odds are increasingly favorable to pick up at least 2 D Senate seats (probably more if voter enthusiasm favors Ds and indies) and odds are saying that the House will be VERY competitive.

Keep in mind the House majority lost seats in 2020. But we'll see come Election Night or the day after to see whether that majority is lost or whether they ADD seats.
I think predicting who is going to gain or lose this year is unprecedented in the changes we have gone through. It is not a normal cycle where predictions are accurate. Just look at Kansas.

Global issues but somehow Biden is responsible for all of them (naturally if it were a Republican it is out of his hands :whatever:). He does earn a lot of complaints but he doesn't deserve them all any more than he deserves credit for **** he did not do.

I think predicting who is going to gain or lose this year is unprecedented in the changes we have gone through. It is not a normal cycle where predictions are accurate. Just look at Kansas.

The political strategists with common sense, like Rachel Bitecofer, Rick Wilson, Mike Madrid and Simon Rosenberg say that 2022 is shaping up to be a non typical midterm. Dems, indies and moderate Rs recoil from the QAnon crazies, witness the treachery in the 1/6 committee hearings and when the SCOTUS eliminated Dobbs. The first two elections after that show a trend.

If what happened in KS can be replicated nationwide in November, Rs will be crying up a storm. But people need to VOTE.

The political strategists with common sense, like Rachel Bitecofer, Rick Wilson, Mike Madrid and Simon Rosenberg say that 2022 is shaping up to be a non typical midterm. Dems, indies and moderate Rs recoil from the QAnon crazies, witness the treachery in the 1/6 committee hearings and when the SCOTUS eliminated Dobbs. The first two elections after that show a trend.

If what happened in KS can be replicated nationwide in November, Rs will be crying up a storm. But people need to VOTE.
I try to tell as many people I can to vote. Not how, just to make sure they do. :) It's a shame so many people just don't take it that seriously.

I try to tell as many people I can to vote. Not how, just to make sure they do. :) It's a shame so many people just don't take it that seriously.

Some people aren't aware of what's happened unless election GOTV volunteers tell them otherwise. I haven't had any GOTV folks show up at my place for years, but that's mainly due to me voting by mail. And I request my ballot early so I can look up my candidates, mark my ballot and get it out of the way.

The Inflation Reduction Act passed the Senate with a 51-50 vote, with VP Harris being the tie-breaker. After it passes the House this Friday, the President will likely sign it the week of August 15th.

Another major win for Biden going into November.

Last edited:
The Inflation Reduction Act passed the Senate with a 51-50 vote, with VP Harris being the tie-breaker. After it passes the House this Friday, the President will likely sign it the week of August 15th.

Another major win for Biden going into November.
At least this bill seems to have some power to make changes, unlike the lame gun bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"