Ridin’ with Biden

I've taken that Baltimore bridge that collapsed many times. Good thing it collapsed around 2am otherwise there might be hundreds of deaths.

This will be really bad news for the local population as it will lead to increased congestion, and it may take a very long time to build a new bridge. American no longer prioritizes infrastructure, and even if it did Baltimore is a 61% African American city so it wouldn't get to the front or even middle of the line.

Baltimore will get the same treatment as Katrina (Bush Jr), Flint (Obama), Puerto Rico (Trump), and Maui (Biden).

Biden literally got the only infrastructure bill signed into law by himself in a very long time.

And the bridge in Baltimore collapsed because a massive freight ship collided with it, it was an unnatural event.

President Joe Biden gave remarks Tuesday on the Baltimore bridge collapse, telling residents "we're going to stay with you as long as it takes."

"It's my intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstruction in that bridge. I expect the Congress to support my effort," Biden said from the White House.

"This is going to take some time," the president said, adding, "We're not leaving until this job gets done."

Personnel on the ship alerted the Maryland Department of Transportation that they lost control of the vessel, and local authorities were able to close the bridge before it was struck, "which undoubtedly saved lives," Biden told reporters.

Last edited:
It's going to be years before that bridge gets replaced. Can't repair that in a few days. :(

Biden literally got the only infrastructure bill signed into law by himself in a very long time.

And the bridge in Baltimore collapsed because a massive freight ship collided with it, it was an unnatural event.

While I'm not generally Biden's biggest cheerleader (except when he's running against Trump), he also pushed for over 3x the size of the bill that they eventually got through.

The bridge collapse is (presumably*) a random event as were Katrina, etc. what's not random is that it will take a long time to rebuild/replace the bridge, which is due to fundamentals that are separate from money printing.

It is true that Biden is slightly better than previous Presidents. For example the $700/household he gave to victims of the hurricane in Maui exceeds what Trump provided for Puerto Rico.

I worry that the bridge may not be replaced for a very long time.

* It could be a Russian or Chinese terrorist attack. We'd likely never know.

Last edited:
The bridge collapse is (presumably*) a random event as were Katrina, etc. what's not random is that it will take a long time to rebuild/replace the bridge, which is due to fundamentals that are separate from money printing.

It is true that Biden is slightly better than previous Presidents. For example the $700/household he gave to victims of the hurricane in Maui exceeds what Trump provided for Puerto Rico.

I worry that the bridge may not be replaced for a very long time.

* It could be a Russian or Chinese terrorist attack. We'd likely never know.
Video on the various news channels show the lights on the ship flickering on and off. It's being said the vessel lost power and propulsion, veering off course and then striking the bridge. It's being ruled an accident and not terrorism. Still going to be a huge pain to replace that bridge, probably taking a couple of years.

Video on the various news channels show the lights on the ship flickering on and off. It's being said the vessel lost power and propulsion, veering off course and then striking the bridge. It's being ruled an accident and not terrorism. Still going to be a huge pain to replace that bridge, probably taking a couple of years.
This was clearly an accident. The crew sent out a distress signal saying the ship lost power and, according to the report, it likely saved lives by giving local officials time to block cars from entering. I'm sure some dingbat conspiracy theorists are going to gather in the non-existent basement of a pizza parlor and get to the bottom of why Hillary Clinton erased the email showing she planned it all.

Sounds like Comer is tossing in the towel over impeachment.
Honestly speaks to how strong of a candidate Biden is - if they could have gotten him on on anything by now, they would have.

Just have to hope the rest of the country sees it.

Sounds like Comer is tossing in the towel over impeachment.
Let me translate......"we don't have evidence of wrongdoing, but if we make a criminal referral to the DoJ and they don't charge Biden without evidence, we can say Biden's DoJ is politicized and biased.....of course we'd say that anyway, but this way we can trumpet this during the election and muddy the waters while our guy is on trial for multiple felonies."

You're all welcome.....

GJpKPEBWoAA4mBG.jpg

Last edited:
Adams, officials rally for NYC's bid to host DNC in 2024

I'm gonna take a guess and say that Adams is in it for the grift.

Despite Hochul being a weaker candidate for governor in NY (Hochul+6) in 2022 compared to her predecessor, let's try winning & holding more divided states than NY (Biden+23) from 2020 in 2024.

2020: Trump 232 EVs
Iowa: 6 EVs (Trump+8.2)
Ohio: 18 EVs (Trump+8.0)
Texas: 38 EVs (Trump+5.8)
Florida: 29 EVs (Trump+3.4)
North Carolina: 15 EVs (Trump+1.3)

Georgia: 16 EVs (Biden+0.2)
Arizona: 11 EVs (Biden+0.3)
Wisconsin: 10 EVs (Biden+0.6)
Pennsylvania: 20 EVs (Biden+1.2)
Nevada: 6 EVs (Biden+2.4)
Michigan: 16 EVs (Biden+2.8)
Minnesota: 10 EVs (Biden+7.1)
New Hampshire: 4 EVs (Biden+7.4)
2020: Biden 306 EVs

What I'd want to do is at least flip North Carolina to cancel out any 16 EVs worth of losses of other states. Also some states have now gained and lost electoral votes due to the 2020 census and reapportionment, Pennsylvania has lost an EV and North Carolina has gained one going from 15 to 16.

NC Governor (margin) (status)
2008 Perdue 50% (D+3) (won)
2012 Dalton 43% (D-11) (lost)
2016 Cooper 49% (D+0) (defeated incumbent R)
2020 Cooper (inc.) 52% (D+5) (won)
2024 Stein

NC President (margin) (status)
2008 Obama 50% (D+0) (won)
2012 Obama (inc.) 48% (D-2) (lost)
2016 H. Clinton 46% (D-4) (lost)
2020 Biden 49% (D-1) (lost)
2024 Biden (inc.)

They need NC as a backup plan in case other states that were won in 2020 flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"