• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ridin’ with Biden

I wonder if Biden's bungling of the Ukraine war will go down in history books for a long time, the same way our history books discuss Crassus' Roman invasion of Parthia in 53BC, the French at Agincourt in 1415AD, or the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592 AD under the rule of Hideyoshi.

Biden declined Russian overtures for peace in late 2021 and early in 2022, because he thought that defeating Russia would be easy. In that respect, they followed up with a drip feed of weapons to Ukraine thinking that would weaken one of the strongest civilizations on Earth. They still have not sent a few dozen 1980s era F-16s, when in fact if they really wanted to defeat Russia they should have sent hundreds of F-22s and F-35s on day one. If you want to defeat Russia, you don't do it by going shopping at Dollar General.

When the Parthians defeated the Roman invasion, they decapitated Crassus, and filled his head with molten gold to symbolize his greed.

That same fate won't happen to Biden, but we currently find ourselves with high inflation, high interest rates, significant protests, a weakening position in West Africa, Central Asia, and the Middle East, and just last week Xi Jinping was making overtures to Hungary and Serbia.

It was stupid of the Biden administration to choose war, and it was stupid of the Biden administration to assume that the war would be easily won.

In fairness, and I'm a Biden skeptic, I don't believe the numbers either. Maybe Biden is doing better, or worse, I don't know, but at this point I think we can agree that the polls are not reliable. There have been large recent polling failures in the USA and in other countries too.

I don't blame the polling companies, I think it's intrinsically hard. I personally get lots of spam calls on my phone, and I just decline the calls. Some of them might be useful calls from polling companies.

Biden's administration really sucks at foreign policy. It's not enough that they now have bad relations with Russia, China, West Africa, the Muslim countries ... They now also need to threaten India with sanctions.

Newsflash to the White supremacists in the Biden administration: India is a civilization state and home to about 1.5 billion people. It is host to a deep and ancient culture, and has some of the most educated people in the world.

India's ties to Iran go back approximately 3,000 years.

India is not looking to be a sidekick to the West, to China, or anybody else. It is clearly seeking to be its own power bloc and independent center of capital accumulation, which is what it should be doing.

Last edited:
Biden's administration really sucks at foreign policy. It's not enough that they now have bad relations with Russia, China, West Africa, the Muslim countries ... They now also need to threaten India with sanctions.

Newsflash to the White supremacists in the Biden administration: India is a civilization state and home to about 1.5 billion people. It is host to a deep and ancient culture, and has some of the most educated people in the world.

India's ties to Iran go back approximately 3,000 years.

India is not looking to be a sidekick to the West, to China, or anybody else. It is clearly seeking to be its own power bloc and independent center of capital accumulation, which is what it should be doing.

Modi is also trying to make it a theocratic autocracy. So, you know, maybe not praise India too much.

US secretary of state Antony Blinken articulating a different set of rules for Western countries.

He doesn't realize however that he has his racism privilege backwards. The truth is that Russia will pay for reconstruction of Ukraine, in the same way that the US will never pay for the reconstruction of Iraq, Vietnam, Gaza, etc.

That's because stronger civilizations make investments -- see the Marshall plan. USA 1945 was a strong country, and so it paid for the reconstruction of Europe and Japan.

I saw a clip of Blinken singing "Rockin in the Free World" and have a bit of advice.....do NOT quit your day job. :funny:

I do, however, think it's cool when politicians are also musicians. He didn't appear to be a bad guitar player.

Blinken enjoyed dinner at a Nazi-themed pizza parlour in Kiev.

Right now the US media ignore this issue, but I think that in the long-term it will further damage their credibility, both at home and abroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"