The Dark Knight Rises RIP Larry Holden (D.A. Finch from Batman Begins)

The first official Gotham City DA for the world of Batman. :up:

(I didn't know he came on the hype?)

Sorry to read this, condolences and sympathies to his friends and family. R.I.P. Mr Holden

While it is tragic he perished, let's not froth hyperbole shall we?

It's always sad to lose anyone involved in the making of these great films. Reading through that thread he posted in made this feel even more sad. Obviously a classy guy. RIP.

RIP

i didn't know he posted on here. that was really cool of him.

RIP Larry Holden

I actually had a few conversations with him here on the Hype Forums. Nice down to earth guy from what it seemed like.

Sad news, but may he rest in peace. :csad:

Does anyone know how he passed? Illness or an accident?

That's amazing he posted on the Hype.

RIP, and my condolences to his family and friends. :(

:batman: Rest in Peace Larry Holden a.k.a former District Attorney Carl Finch.

img08442ty.jpg

RIP:csad:

**** NOOO!!!:csad:

I remember when he was on here he was s uch a nice guy.:csad::csad:

R.I.P. Finch.

Man, it's sad too because I watched BB on Wednesday night. Rest in Peace, man.

Interesting thought; were it not for a League of Shadows' bullet, Finch would occupy the same role as Dent in TDK. Would things have turned out differently? I think that finch was more of a pragmatist. It's is unlikely that Bruce would have seen him as Gotham's white knight, but therefore Finch would never have disappointed him.

This is a tragedy. What's worse is that the only places that seem to be reporting his passing are a couple of no-name local news sites. I hope to see him during the "In Memoriam" segment at the Oscars.

Damn, he was a really cool guy, I remember the conversations on here with him like they were yesterday. RIP.

Just wanted to add something to this... I first became aware of Larry through this forum and his interview at BOF. I wanted to make a movie and contacted him for some words of wisdom after reading he was a filmmaker in addition to an actor. Long story short we hit it off and he ended up flying to Georgia from Canada and acting in my movie just to get some buzz going so I could raise funds and attract a decent cast and crew. That is the kind of guy he was. Willing to put himself way out there to help a stranger. There are hundreds of other examples...

That was in 2005. Since that time he had become one of my very best friends. Like an older brother really... every aspect of the adult me has been influenced in some positive way by Larry. His true passion was his filmmaking and he spent every waking moment working on his films. Acting was how he paid for them. So while it looks like he hasn't done much since Batman, the truth is he has spent the last five years living his dream... making wonderful and strange little movies while travelling the world. He is the most passionate person I have ever met and the indie film world has lost one its most interesting and singular voices. I am still numbed and baffled that he is gone.

Learn more about him at www.holdenautomotive.com

Rest in Peace my friend, had a great time working with you and Hanne.
My condolences to her and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"