Robert Jordan's "The Wheel Time series" Graphic Adaptation

Wowzers, that's gonna be one enormous graphic novel. I'll definitely pick it up, though. I was a big fan of the books before I ultimately lost track of them around book 10.

It's 12 books plus one prequel corp

man people are going to need to buy another whole book shelf just to house the ****ing thing

Thanks for your support TheCorpulent1 my friend :) I'll be sure to keep you guys updated with WoT artwork as they come ;)

It's 12 books plus one prequel corp
So, they're doing one graphic novel/mini-series per book, then? That doesn't seem like a lot when most of the books are between 500 and 1000 pages, and pretty dense besides.

TheCorpulent1 my friend, we'll fill you in with more information as we progress forward. By the way, I had a chance to see some of the promo pieces and they are amazing! I will be sure to post them on this thread once they are available to the public for your enjoyment :)

So, they're doing one graphic novel/mini-series per book, then? That doesn't seem like a lot when most of the books are between 500 and 1000 pages, and pretty dense besides.

No way they can do one graphic novel per book, too much going on each books. Author did had a habit of running some stories too far

I imagine they'll have to cut a lot because of how dense Jordan made his books.

let me just say i was 5 books deep when i dropped the series. it was tedious and boring and the whole way that he drowns the reader in all this femenist crap, man that got on my nerves, anyway i just decided to say that by book 5 you should have captured all your readers but in this case that did not happen, these books are a terrible waste of time for anybody and everybody!

Book 5 wasn't too great. Books 1 through 4, however, were excellent. Some of the later books are good, too. I remember enjoying 9 a lot. But yeah, toward the middle of the series, Jordan began to get really, really tedious with worldbuilding and diversions from the central characters and conflicts that I cared about. I wouldn't say it's a waste of time, though.

Actually book 11 was not too shabby either and they are going to come out next year with the final one which is not penned by Jordan who died.

The Dragonlance books and the Forgotten Realm books both made terrrrrible adaptions, can't see this being any different.

We started doing Dragonlance:The Legend of Huma, which by the way is the second fantasy book, I ever read after Tolkien. As you can see from the link below, we did a fantastic job, but then they gave it to another company who butchered it. It was my dream to adapt the Dark Elf trilogy, we had an EXCELLENT artist ready to do it, but unfortunately we did not get the chance. Drizzt rocks!

http://www.decklinsdomain.org/Images/DsDC_DL1A.jpg

Wow, you stopped saying "my friend" after every sentence like some racist caricature of a drunken Pakistani man.

I was a big fan of the books before I ultimately lost track of them around book 10.
Seems like everyone I know petered out around then too. I got tired of waiting for Jordan's story to **** or get off the pot. Has it ended yet?

No, and since he died it wont be finished the same.

LOL :) Aristotle my friend, I can't believe it, but you're right that is the first time I have posted without saying "my friend", LOL :)

The last novel, book 12, is being worked on and the series will be complete :)

I look forward to seeing those but I am curious to see how closely or lossely they follow my own imagination of the images the books inspired for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"