Robert Jordan's "The Wheel Time series" Graphic Adaptation

They're pretty similar to how I drew the characters we've seen so far in my fan art back in the day, so I'm happy.

The whole reason the Dragonlance (rofl) and Drizzt (rofl) and Wheels of Time books are good is because they're books. People won't get the amount of badassedness that the books hold on comic form, which is rather disappointing. It's like the cliffnotes of the actual story.

Well, they could, but it'd take a lot of issues. Still, a Cliff's Notes version wouldn't be too bad if we can get artists' renderings of the Green Man and Lews Therin Telamon sealing the Dark One away and stuff.

Wow, that looks really amazing. I've never heard of Chase Conley, but he (or she?) is fantastic. :up:

So...is this going to be an ongoing series? 12 books and over 10k pages worth of reading seems to be a lot to go into a comic series.

I'm thinking somewhere like 12 issues a book, ~150 total issues for the entire set.

I'm happy you like it TheCorpulent1 my friend :) Thanks!

SoulleSS my friend there will be 36 issues for the first novel :) We want this to be a good experience for us and so we are not cutting out the important events that we enjoyed when we read The Eye of the World. We are taking the bull by the horns, lol :)

Wowzers, that's a lot of issues. But there's a lot of content in The Eye of the World, so it should work out well. :up:

Interesting. Too bad the novels will never be finished. :(

The last one's being finished off of Jordan's notes. Not the same, obviously, but who knows? It may be good.

I still haven't even read Crossroads of Twilight. :o

I'm holding out hope that his writing style and vision of how the story of the dragon ends all comes together. Call me a bit skeptical though.

From what I understand, he had the series ended. He had book 12 almost done, just needed to flesh out about 300 more pages of it.

Which he had books upon books of notes and ideas and what he planned at his workplace, which are just going to be thrown into said rest of the 300 pages to finish it out.

But 36 issues for the FIRST book? Holy hell is that a lot. First book was one of the shorter ones too, yikes.

As far as I'm concerned, it's better to devote lots of issues to adapting as much of the book's content as possible than skimping on bits and pieces to cut it down to what some might consider a more manageable size. Length has never been something the books shied away from, so the comics shouldn't either.

Yeah, but look at it realistically. If the first book, which was one of the shorter ones of the series is 36 issues long, you can pretty much assume that the entire series is going to be over 400 issues long. 400 issues is a hell of a lot, especially if it's a monthly title.

Most FLAGSHIP titles are only around their 600-800 mark, and they've been coming out for over 20(50?) years.

Well, more material can be cut from the middle books. The Eye of the World was packed with actual plot progression and important stuff. The Path of Daggers or The Fires of Heaven, on the other hand, are packed with way too much detail in a lot of their descriptions and a lot of boring political stuff that really drags the story down. That's why I've never been able to reread the entire WoT series, in fact: dread for what awaits me after I get through The Shadow Rising. Those middle books may have higher page counts, but they don't really feel like they have as much useful or necessary content as books one through four.

LOL :) We will make sure that we do not "fast food" the WoT adaptation, but present it to you all as a well-made home cooked meal :)

Brainiac8 my friend Brandon Sanderson is finishing the WoT series :)

If you guys get a chance please check out the Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files thread :) Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"