Robocop 20th anniversary collectors edition dvd

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
Yep its coming on august 21. robo's back with new bonus stuff. I can't wait to put my hands on it:woot: oh the new covers pretty cool too

May 18, 2007 - On August 21, 2007, MGM Home Entertainment will release Robocop (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition) on DVD. The beefy double dip of everybody's favorite cyborg cop will feature tons of bonus materials and extra features. It will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $22.98.

The Robocop (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition) DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

• Audio Commentary by Paul Verhoven, Ed Neumeier, and Jon Davidson
  • Flesh and Steel: The Making Of Robocop Featurette
  • Shooting Robocop 1987 Featurette
  • Making Robocop 1987 Featurette
  • The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary from Animator Phil Tippet
  • 4 Deleted Scenes
  • 6 Photo Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spot
  • Villains of Old Detroit Featurette
  • Special Effects: Then and Now Featurette
  • Robocop: Creating A Legend Featurette
  • Extended Film Cut
  • Paul Verhoven Easter Egg
  • TV Spots and Trailers
  • Teasers 1 & 2
Check out the artwork for the Robocop (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition) DVD below, as well as images from the film:

robocop-20th-anniversary-collectors-edition-20070518002058246-000.jpg

Who else's getting this baby?

Is the Extended Cut of the 20th Anniversary Edition the same as the OOP Criterion Edition Cut?

Because, we'll be getting better picture and sound with the new edition DVD, as well as the unrated version.

I'm glad I waited on getting this, then...I suppose.

-TNC

Anyone else pick it up? Its honestly a great buy. Im going on the 2nd disc, and its just friggen packed!

Whenever you pick up the $20 to get it, get it. If you are a fan of Robocop, nay, a fan of action movies, you have to get it.

I got it and freakin love it, that extra minute of violence is so awesome. I didn't think it was gonna be a big deal, but I was surprised by what I saw. In terms of special features, I hear there's nothing new, but I hadn't bought previous editions, so it's all new and interesting to me.

Also, I didn't realize there was an Easter Egg, I'm gonna have to look for it.

Damn I forgot about this completely. Iam gonna try to get this today. I just read a review and the special features alone cover make for the price tag.
Specially that new featurette about creating the robo suit. and the villains featurette. Red foreman:woot::oldrazz:

Region 2 has had this edition for a few years now. :D

It is an amazing disk though - along from the unrated DC version - the flesh and steel documentary is brilliant (especially seeing the 1st concept design that looked more like Judge Dredd)

Glad you're finally getting it. :up:

But damn, the region 1 cover is better than what we got.

i bought this the other day , the case artwork is awesome it continues on the inside , i hadnt seen this in years , i didnt realize red from the 70's show was in this

Region 2 has had this edition for a few years now. :D

It is an amazing disk though - along from the unrated DC version - the flesh and steel documentary is brilliant (especially seeing the 1st concept design that looked more like Judge Dredd)

Glad you're finally getting it. :up:

But damn, the region 1 cover is better than what we got.

Great to hear. So hows the creating a legend featurette, the one about making the suit?

I have the criterion and the trilogy set... I'm set :)

Great to hear. So hows the creating a legend featurette, the one about making the suit?

The featurettes on the disc are exemplary - the creating the legend one is no different.

I especially liked seeing Peter Weller practicing Robo's movements in the suit. I suspect after seeing it, people will give Weller more credit for his performance.

The featurettes on the disc are exemplary - the creating the legend one is no different.

I especially liked seeing Peter Weller practicing Robo's movements in the suit. I suspect after seeing it, people will give Weller more credit for his performance.

Great, geting it today

You don't think about it much watching the actual film, but realizing just HOW MUCH work had to go into creating the character, Weller did an exceptional job. OT: when Robert John Burke took over for Robocop 3, they didn't redo the suit, they just used Weller's which was custom-made for his body only!

But yeah, the special features were great, especially the one for the villains. But no interviews with Paul McCrane?!? Everyone had to love Emil! He was like Danny Bonaduche. . . . .but nicer! Man, when he got washed over with toxic waste, dear god! I think moreso than the actual look of him afterwards, was the wailing. That STILL creeps me out!

I loved Kurtwood Smith recalling Paul Verhoeven's overuse of the term "b****es" during the scene when Boddiker says "B****es, leave" to the call girls!

"Alright, now in this scene, you tell the b****es to leave, then the b****es leave! No, wait, come back, b****es. Now, b****es, you're still here, but when he comes in and says 'b****es leave', you b****es leave." Turns to DP, "What you think about the b****es? How quickly should the b****es leave?"

So is this the same uncut version as the Criterion one? If not than I ain't rebuying it.

Yes, I would also like to know if this is the same cut that is on the sadly out of print Criterion edition.

Are the features worth the purchase?

It is, that exact version is also on the trilogy you can buy.
Is the Verhoeven commentary on the criterion edition different from the one thats on this 20th anniversary edition, as well as the trilogy set. Or are they all the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"