RoboCop’ Returns

Terminator ignored sequels and was the ''real'' sequel to the second movie. it bombed hard. its over

I didn't think they needed to return to the original Robocop universe, and now we know they're fast tracking this, because Neil Blomkamp is busy with another project, and they don't want to wait on him.

This is going to be terrible. I'm actually surprised they're not rebooting again with a female Robocop. And I'm not being facetious, I'm actually shocked they're not doing that.

I don't know. I havent' seen Little Monsters, but just Robocop in general...I can't see much success coming from this.

I like Robocop for sure, but is it a franchise that resonates with today's audiences? Do parents show their kids Robocop similar to how they do with Back to the Future or, an extreme example Star Wars?
You definitely can make a great Robocop movie, but I can't see it having much success at the box office. And they for sure want this to be a franchise starter.

Also tying it back to the original Robocop series will really hurt this.

I'll be cautiously optimistic that it turns out good.

Hollywood just can’t resist the urge to resuscitate these dead 80’s franchises, can’t they? Didn’t the last movie flop? Not sure why they’re digging this franchise back from the grave since I don’t think anyone cares about seeing a Robocop flick nowadays. While it’s too early to say this will fail like Dark Fate did, I have a very difficult time seeing them being able to avoid a similar fate(no pun intended).

Hollywood just can’t resist the urge to resuscitate these dead 80’s franchises, can’t they? Didn’t the last movie flop?

I would also like to add the latest rambo movie to this growing list of franchises no one has an interest in anymore.

It was beat by Downton Abbey!

Female RoboCop would be such a rad idea. Satirizing current trends in pop culture and politics. But nobody would dare.

Oh someone would dare but wouldn't be a welcome idea by many. Definitely not me!

Robocop 2 and 3 are mediocre but not bad enough of a mess to ignore. This could easily just be Robocop 4

Most people just want repeating of what they already love. Hence smash success of hacky **** like Star Wars, late MCU and Fast and Furious. Main reason we keep getting uninspired reboots and remakes of 30-40 years old classics. And the reason they dig out 70 year old stars.

I'd rather watch something new and I don't need Weller for that. Corporations monetizing grotesque n-th wave feminism, terminal stage of social media and internet addiction, gender politics, infowars and so on set against a human story. Not just swapping gender of the protagonist and calling it a day like a bunch of movies of recent.

I really like Robocop 2. A strong first half but then Robocop's new chip subplot is resolved too fast and he disappears for 20 minutes in the second half. But as a whole it's very entertaining with great ideas and still retains the spirit of the original.

I really like Robocop 2. A strong first half but then Robocop's new chip subplot is resolved too fast and he disappears for 20 minutes in the second half. But as a whole it's very entertaining with great ideas and still retains the spirit of the original.

It DOESN'T retain the spirit of the original. It has no heart and humanity. It's just an empty, over-the-top replica of what the filmmakers thought made the first one successful.

Irvin Kerschner totally misses the mark, and the musical score is painful. Peter Weller and Nancy Allen are totally wasted. I hate it.

And I would totally watch a sequel which resumes Ed Neumeier's script idea for the sequel in which Murphy gets blown up at the start.

Oh I love Robocop 2. It isn't as good and well rounded as the original, but as far as sequels go, that is easily one of the most satisfying ones.

I don't get the hook here that convinces me why this will work and why it's a good idea this time.

Also, I love Peter Weller and all, but the dude is in his 70s. Realistically, how much can he really even do here?

Robocop 2 and 3 suck as far as stories but they each have some cool moments/scenes
RoboCop in a jetpack after destroying two or three robot Shang Tsungs (Bruce Locke, played Shang Tsung for TV).is glorious.

The way they abuse CGI these days, they only need his face and voice.
I don't mind the use of CGI for this. Animatronics are heavy and hard hitting if move fast.

I don't actually have high hopes for this myself and wish it isn't ignoring 2 and 3 but am giving it a chance until at least the first trailer before completely shutting it down and being like nope!

I think RoboCop is a bit different than Terminator and what happened with Dark Fate. In the last 25 or so years, we have one RoboCop movie that got average reviews and did well internationally. They should have made it R Rated also.

With Terminator, we have had 4 movies in that time, a couple with decent reviews and 2 with poor ones and none have been a box office smash compared to their budgets. Genysis definitely had an effect on DF, and the budget for DF was just way too high.

So at this point I wouldn't say more RoboCop is a bad thing, as long as they don't try another re-boot, and don't make decisions that piss off fans of the originals. And of course, make it good.

I think RoboCop is a bit different than Terminator and what happened with Dark Fate. In the last 25 or so years, we have one RoboCop movie that got average reviews and did well internationally. They should have made it R Rated also.

With Terminator, we have had 4 movies in that time, a couple with decent reviews and 2 with poor ones and none have been a box office smash compared to their budgets. Genysis definitely had an effect on DF, and the budget for DF was just way too high.

So at this point I wouldn't say more RoboCop is a bad thing, as long as they don't try another re-boot, and don't make decisions that piss off fans of the originals. And of course, make it good.
But does Robocop resonate with modern audiences at all? That's another problem with Terminator or Charlie's Angels. As I said before, I don't think people are showing their kids some of these franchises or even really talking about them with younger generations. And that's a big problem. Younger generations may have some basic knowledge, but they aren't in love or knowledgable enough to get them to the theater just off the IP's strength. Then older people I don't think care enough for nostalgia for movies like that and probably just complain "Why do they remake everything" even if it's a sequel.

But then again, it's hard to tell because most of these IPs they try to bring back they do so with mediocre or bad movies. If they were making good movies and they were flopping? Then that'd be a different discussion

But does Robocop resonate with modern audiences at all? That's another problem with Terminator or Charlie's Angels. As I said before, I don't think people are showing their kids some of these franchises or even really talking about them with younger generations. And that's a big problem. Younger generations may have some basic knowledge, but they aren't in love or knowledgable enough to get them to the theater just off the IP's strength. Then older people I don't think care enough for nostalgia for movies like that and probably just complain "Why do they remake everything" even if it's a sequel.

But then again, it's hard to tell because most of these IPs they try to bring back they do so with mediocre or bad movies. If they were making good movies and they were flopping? Then that'd be a different discussion

I would say your last paragraph is quite a big factor. But then look at BR2049 an amazing sequel that flopped. Though it's run time and marketing didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"