Rockstar: 'Complete' GTA IV Experience on 360

StrainedEyes

All the way up it!
Reaction score
Fans looking to own the "complete" Grand Theft Auto IV experience will also have to own an Xbox 360. So says Rockstar Games spokesman Hosi Simon anyway, in a short interview posted over at Games Radar that has the entire Internet talking.
Upon being asked whether there were any discernible advantages for PS3 owners that could compare to the Xbox 360 downloadable content, Simon replied "not that I can think of."

"They're identical games. We're not hardware makers, and we're not like a pawn between these companies, we try not to be as much as we can. We make great games for people to enjoy on whichever system they want. But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose."

The battle for GTA IV is, of course, an extremely important battlefront in the larger struggle between Sony and Microsoft to establish next-gen gaming mindshare. Both sides' camps posses unique advantages and disadvantages, with the Xbox 360 having come under fire in the past for the difficulties associated in getting GTA IV to perform adequately on the Core pack.

That being said, soundbytes like the ones from Simon above are exactly the reason Microsoft was prepared to drop/invest $50 million to secure that downloadable content exclusivity.

Assuming both 'core' games perform comparably well on both platforms, the worm of GTA IV could quite easily turn on something as seemingly minor as this. If Phil Harrisson truly knows something we don't then he might want to think about making that info public sooner, rather than later.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161552

So, I guess this disproves all the stories that the 360 version was hindering the ps3 version. They are identical and the 360 version gets more.

Wow, this is huge for the 360. One of the Playstations better games will not only be featured on its rival console, but will actually be a more complete game. Good day to have a 360 right?

The fact the two versions are identical doesn't disprove the suggestion that the 360 was hindering development. It just means that if Rockstar wanted an identical game across the platforms then it could put some features in it otherwise would have done for the PS3 version.

And I thought that PS3 wasn't getting some exclusive features to?

The fact the two versions are identical doesn't disprove the suggestion that the 360 was hindering development. It just means that if Rockstar wanted an identical game across the platforms then it could put some features in it otherwise would have done for the PS3 version.

And I thought that PS3 wasn't getting some exclusive features to?
yeah it could mean that Rockstar limited themselves in order to get 2 identical games out

The PS3 development also "hindered" the final outcome, being as the CPU is a pain to work around, the RAM is bottlenecked almost as bad as the PS2's, and the GPU can't do everything the 360's can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"