Comics Rogue.

Jennifer Walters

Attorney at Law
Reaction score
What do these people below have in common with Rogue?

Juggernaut
Emma Frost
Mystique
Sabretooth
Gambit
Sage

Alll have been evil, and all still have members of the X-Teams that doubt their loyalities, some rightfully so doubted. (Mystique, I'm looking at you.) But Rogue hasn't been doubted in a really long time. She's pretty much rooted herself into the X-Family really well and become beloved by the team.

So I got to thinking, what if she was really some kind of traitor, which clearly wouldn't happen as Rogue clearly loves her teammates, but what if she was? Could you see how that would rip the team's heart in two? Much more than if Emma Frost betrayed them.

JustABill said:
What do these people below have in common with Rogue?

Juggernaut
Emma Frost
Mystique
Sabretooth
Gambit
Sage

Alll have been evil, and all still have members of the X-Teams that doubt their loyalities, some rightfully so doubted. (Mystique, I'm looking at you.) But Rogue hasn't been doubted in a really long time. She's pretty much rooted herself into the X-Family really well and become beloved by the team.

So I got to thinking, what if she was really some kind of traitor, which clearly wouldn't happen as Rogue clearly loves her teammates, but what if she was? Could you see how that would rip the team's heart in two? Much more than if Emma Frost betrayed them.

I hate to be nitpicky (not really, I love to pick nits!) but, Sage was never really evil was she? Wasn't she a spy for a Xavier and not an actual villain?

Yeah I think Rogue's betrayal would hurt the team, but the X-Men are amazingly resilient. I mean, pretty much every X-Character has been evil, or been replaced by an evil doppelganger, or been killed and ressurected as an agent of evil or something, or 'betrayed' but it was for the 'greater good'.

I mean they have pretty much seen it all. I can see how it would be easy for someone like Bobby to go: "Oh... Rogue's evil? Wolverine's dead? pffft... they'll be back".

(Of course it would never make narrative sense for bobby to act like that but after all the X-men have been through with they're team-mates I can't imagine that they wouldn't be a little hardened and jaded when it comes to such matters)

I was actually thinking about this earlier.
What if Mystique is in the X-Men now just to
take Rogue back?:huh:

I would lose all respect I have left for Marvel if they make Rogue a traitor after all these years.

And Sage was never evil.

Yes. Sage was evil. They just retconned her into not being evil. So she still counts.

And I wouldn't lose all respect in Marvel. I'd find it an interesting story, but Rogue would never be a traitor to her friends after all these years. So it's not like it's gonna happen.

Rogue's Hand said:
I was actually thinking about this earlier.
What if Mystique is in the X-Men now just to
take Rogue back?:huh:

I don't trust Mystique. She's been second in command of the brotherhood for three decades of comics. That's why I think letting her on the x-team is one of the most revolting things Marvel has ever done. Of course it would be an even bigger mistake to have Rogue switch back to the brotherhood after all these years (more than two decades). I really hated how Gambit and Sunfire were hooked up with Mr. Sinister after they were turned into Horsemen. All that did was make them look pathetic and out of character!:o Whatever becomes of Mystique after Carey's run, I'll make my decision on whether I wanna read x-men comics again. Until then I'm through. For all I know maybe Rogue is gonna kill Mystique.

Mistopurr83 said:
I don't trust Mystique. She's been second in command of the brotherhood for three decades of comics. That's why I think letting her on the x-team is one of the most revolting things Marvel has ever done. Of course it would be an even bigger mistake to have Rogue switch back to the brotherhood after all these years (more than two decades). I really hated how Gambit and Sunfire were hooked up with Mr. Sinister after they were turned into Horsemen. All that did was make them look pathetic and out of character!:o Whatever becomes of Mystique after Carey's run, I'll make my decision on whether I wanna read x-men comics again. Until then I'm through. For all I know maybe Rogue is gonna kill Mystique.

Do you know anything about Mystique? She was never "second in command" of any Brotherhood. She led her own Brotherhood and didn't let herself serve under anyone during that time. :whatever: As for her being on the X-Men, it's called Character Development. Deal with it already.

On Gambit and Sinister: They were BRAINWASHED! Of course they're going to act completely different. Sheesh.

If you're "done" then shut up about it already! We don't need you coming on here and announcing it every couple of days.

Yeah, Mystique on the X-Men isn't the end of the world. I'd written her as part of the X-Men in fanfic LONG before Marvel decided to put her there. It's an interesting direction for her to go, especially since both of her children are on the team. I like it.

On topic, if Rogue were a traitor...man, all hell would break loose. She's become an institution on the team, it wouldn't go over well at all. How would she go about it, though? I mean, is there even a feasible way for Rogue to betray the X-Men? I doubt she'd hook up with Mystique and go evil again, although that would really send the **** into the fan.

The X-Men franchise is blurring the lines with these shifts in villans and heroes. I think it can be a very good idea if done right. This can show the classic villians as people who weren't bad for badness sake but because they saw a different way of dealing with their situautions. Also, it can ushering a new breed of adversarys.

I don't see Rogue turning on the X-Men, nor do I think Marvel would go that path. But then again look at what they did to Prof. X. Anyways, Rogue betraying the X-Men on her own will would take some big, big tragedy or something she is adamantly against. The character has matured over the years, so childish manipulation is not an issue.

I don't know why somebody (above) who knows their on my ignore list bothers replying to me. That poster knows who they are too.

And how would you know they replied to you unless they weren't on ignore? :whatever:

Fellas...leave it alone..back to Rogue...So is all this talk of Rogue betraying the team pure fluff and speculation or is there a base merit to it?

Well, I know someone who's back on MY ignore list now. :whatever:

Anyway, back to Rogue, no way is there any foundation to it, at least not at this moment in time. Pure speculation.

It's kind of a wierd theory, but the writers did say Rogue is going to make some important changes on the team. He also stated these might not be the only powers Rogue stays with :woot:

In the preview for an upcoming X-Men issue, it states that Rogue is going to make a decision that's going to affect the entire team:huh:

I'm so happy she's finally getting the attention she deserves:heart: :yay:

Mystique has motives, what they are? I don't know, I know that she
is one of the few who have an idea how powerful Rogue can be.
She can evolve in ways we can't even imagine:hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"