router problems

eternalinferno

Sidekick
Reaction score
ok so I recently got a linksys wireless-B router, model number BEFW11S4, I know it's pretty old but I hooked it up, set it up, and it works just fine....but then I went to the settings to secure my network with a wpa key, and now my ps3 has problems even setting up with the router, I get as far as checking network configuration after inputting the wpa key but it stays there forever then it just says it couldnt connect to the access point/connection to the access point timed out, but as I said, it works PERFECTLY once I have the security on the router disabled, so anyone can just use my signal that's nearby, can anyone help me with this, I just don't understand why there are connection problems only when I enable the security on the router, and I'm 1000% sure that I entered the correct wpa key, so yea if anyone knows anything about this, help would be greatly appreciated

I know that with some routers your have to manually enter the MAC Address of the PS3 into the router's settings. You might want to look up how to do that on google. I would be willing to be that is your problem.

Make sure you check the firewalls on your router. see if that may be causeing some issues.

Or

Try switching it to WEP instead of WPA. If that works, I would stick with it.

Last edited:
oh wow, that was it lol, problem solved after I changed it to a wep key wow what an easy fix I feel silly lol, thanks for the help

No prob. :up:

WEP is very easy to crack, but it is better than nothing. I do suggest you still check the firewalls like I said before. It could get you a more secure WPA connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"