• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

RUMOR: Taylor Swift is gonna join the MCU

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I dunno what the validity of this tweet is or how reliable the source is, but if Taylor Swift - the biggest superstar in the world - joins the MCU, still the biggest film franchise in the world - there will be a huge momentum boost in the world of comic book movies.

I dunno what the validity of this tweet is or how reliable the source is, but if Taylor Swift - the biggest superstar in the world - joins the MCU, still the biggest film franchise in the world - there will be a huge momentum boost in the world of comic book movies.
Oh.....please. LOL. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Don't get me wrong, it could be true. Maybe she's running low on funds......OR, maybe MCU thinks they might be able to have a person or two more show up to the theaters if she was in their movie. :funny:

calm-down-chill.gif

Assuming this is true, Swift's presence doesn't exactly change the face of comic book films any more than the five minutes she was in Amsterdam....or Harry Style's presence and what little that did for Eternals!

ScooperRPK must be bored.

I'm gay and I know nothing about Swift.

And I don't know if she is gay enough to play Dazzler. :o

calm-down-chill.gif

Assuming this is true, Swift's presence doesn't exactly change the face of comic book films any more than the five minutes she was in Amsterdam....or Harry Style's presence and what little that did for Eternals!

If she hypothetically were to show up as Dazzler in a cameo in Deadpool & Wolverine there could be a word of mouth box office boost from her fanbase but since that's a guaranteed box office hit even without her, it's hard to gauge.

I do think that if she were to be an ongoing part of the MCU the Swifties would probably show up more than they did for her past films like Cats or Amsterdam simply because Marvel is still a hugely popular brand but I wouldn't say we would see some huge shift because of it.

If she hypothetically were to show up as Dazzler in a cameo in Deadpool & Wolverine there could be a word of mouth box office boost from her fanbase but since that's a guaranteed box office hit even without her, it's hard to gauge.

I do think that if she were to be an ongoing part of the MCU the Swifties would probably show up more than they did for her past films like Cats or Amsterdam simply because Marvel is still a hugely popular brand but I wouldn't say we would see some huge shift because of it.
Big IF there, and unlikely. Swift isn't going to put her musical career on hold for any movie franchise. The woman is simply too big and busy and, frankly, doesn't need the MCU.

Big IF there, and unlikely. Swift isn't going to put her musical career on hold for any movie franchise. The woman is simply too big and busy and, frankly, doesn't need the MCU.
If it were to happen I highly doubt she'd be the lead role in anything but hypothetically if she were to show up as a semi-recurring supporting character they could easily work around her schedule. They've been doing that with everyone else for years thanks to green screen.

calm-down-chill.gif

NFL has gained a huge boost in attendances record because of her...her influence is real...so I think if she's landing a major role here, not just a small role or cameo like she did in Amsterdam, then I think this could be a big get for MCU.

Last edited:
I hope we do get Swift in the MCU

Oh.....please. LOL. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
well I'm flattered that I am responsible for writing something that ended up becoming one of the funniest things of all time you've read :beaming: :D
Maybe she's running low on funds......
ain't no way! she's a BILLIONAIRE.
OR, maybe MCU thinks they might be able to have a person or two more show up to the theaters if she was in their movie. :funny:
I think this is exactly what's going on. The MCU is power, Taylor Swift is power, so power + power = ongoing mountain levels of success
calm-down-chill.gif

Taylor Swift is a WAY bigger superstar than Harry Styles is!

Yeah but what possible character could Taylor Swift of all people play in the MCU

well I'm flattered that I am responsible for writing something that ended up becoming one of the funniest things of all time you've read :beaming: :D

ain't no way! she's a BILLIONAIRE.

I think this is exactly what's going on. The MCU is power, Taylor Swift is power, so power + power = ongoing mountain levels of success

Taylor Swift is a WAY bigger superstar than Harry Styles is!
Just in case you didn't know, I was joking about her running low on funds..... ;)

That is true, but hey, Styles ain't exactly a nobody!
true that. Eternals was one of the biggest flops in the MCU so if all Taylor Swift is being tapped for is a cameo, post credit scene or not, then I'm afraid not much will be coming out of (something like) that either.

Taylor Swift isn't a good actress and IMO, should just focus on her groundbreaking music career. 🎙️

she's not really an actress at all. has she been in any movies or TV shows before?
Cats, Valentine's Day, The Giver plus she has about 40 music videos, which should give you an idea how she would come across as a movie actress.

If Dazzler is just going to be singing, dancing and giving looks to the camera, Taylor Swift would be fine. But for dramatic and serious scenes, that only have dialogues to work with alongside green screen... its not for her.

Taylor Swift as an X Men character I can see that

Cats, Valentine's Day, The Giver plus she has about 40 music videos, which should give you an idea how she would come across as a movie actress.

If Dazzler is just going to be singing, dancing and giving looks to the camera, Taylor Swift would be fine. But for dramatic and serious scenes, that only have dialogues to work with alongside green screen... its not for her.
ah, you're right. she was in Cats. Dang, even Idris Elba was in it. Cats has gone down in history as one of the worst films of all time.

A little more context but supposedly the character she's being considered for is an obscure one from the 40's called Blonde Phantom. And this would be for the series that Scarlett Johansson is producing following her settlement with Disney regarding the Black Widow box office profits.

A little more context but supposedly the character she's being considered for is an obscure one from the 40's called Blonde Phantom. And this would be for the series that Scarlett Johansson is producing following her settlement with Disney regarding the Black Widow box office profits.
I don't even get the point of doing a Marvel Spotlight's Blonde Phantom. Taylor Swift is going to be expensive and she's also very busy in her music career and touring.

Why would Disney/Marvel Studios make such an effort to cast the biggest person in the world right now to play Blonde Phantom, a character I haven't heard of until now... in a Phantom Blonde series....:hmm:

Eh there's so much reports about various projects being in the work, I would take any news with a grain of salt.

But assuming this is true for a moment, a Taylor Shift led project on a obscure Golden Age character, where you basically have carte blance to do anything, isn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially if they are trying to create a range of projects for different audiences. Is it something I'd watch or even look forward to? Not really, but I imagine there's plenty that would.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"