MCU Dazzler movie

I don't know if a Dazzler movie should be a bit like Deadpool and set in its own little corner of the universe doing its own thing, or whether it should have more crossover potential.

Maybe if she features in other films, she can be a little different, but in this film, if there are cameos from other heroes, everyone should get into the spirit of song and dance and join in with the singing.

The original planned Dazzler movie in the 70s (when the character was conceived) was meant to feature Spider-Man and the Avengers.

There are a lot of actors in the MCU who are great singers. If they featured in a Dazzler movie, they can show off their talents, even if they might not normally sing in other MCU films.

The MCU has people like RDJ, Gwyneth Paltrow, ScarJo, Chadwick Boseman who are musically talented.

Can't remember who else there is.

Guido is so hard to cast, I honestly have no idea. I wonder if Michael Chiklis would mind going back into a marvel role?

Does Chiklis even sing?

Also, I don't know if it's better to have a singer who can act to play Dazzler rather than an actor who can sing.

If it were someone like Taylor Swift (although I think she'd be way too tall, especially on skates), then this would give the film massive publicity. More so than if it were just an actress who can sing (like Bridgit Mendler, Halston Sage etc).

The album alone would sell on the strength of Swift's name on it, without people necessarily even knowing it's from a movie. And if they did see it was an MCU movie, they might want to go and check it out because of the singer.

What other singers are there who can act though or have acted?

I know Britney did some acting before. But she's probably too old now at 36. In her prime, she would've been a definite candidate for Allison.

I suppose there is Avril Lavigne, who has done some acting too. She could probably write all the songs (like Swift could too).

Guido is so hard to cast, I honestly have no idea. I wonder if Michael Chiklis would mind going back into a marvel role?

You got me there... But there has to be someone, we just don't know of them.

Who knew Jackman existed before Wolverine? Just a few random folks in the UK and Australia.

I’ve no idea if Chiklis can sing. Guido isn’t really a role I pictured being a singing role honestly but it would be cool to see him somewhere in the marvel u

If Dazzler ever shows up in the MCU, they totally need to cast Lily James in the role. She looks the part, she's a great actress and, as anyone who's seen Mamma Mia 2 or Cinderella can verify, she can sing too.

DjcspBVXgAAmlku.jpg

Lily James is my number one choice for Sue Storm, but if she didn't get that role I'd be happy with her as Dazzler. I'd love her in the MCU. They need to get her in somehow, and not in a thankless role. It has to be something that really showcases her like Sue or Dazzler.

James has been fancast as Sue Storm already. She may have been tapped for a bunch of X-Women, too. :cwink:

Dazzler was a favorite of mine when her comic debuted. I would be the first to admit that it wasn't well-written and the whole Dazzler pseudo-phenomenon was ill-conceived. She has a lot of untapped potential, however. With the right director and writer, Dazzler could be a good (smaller) film or streaming show.

I think Dazzler has huge untapped potential. Yes, it doesn't have to be a bigger film. It can easily be smaller, but in another sense if they're going full-on musical that will still involve some lavish sets and special effects either for the roller disco or all the light and lasers.

But they could easily find a roller disco to film in. And even something like Mamma Mia, for all its production values, still is probably nowhere near as expensive as something like Black Panther or Infinity War.

Bridgit Mendler would be good. But who I think is AJ Michalka, she would be good. She sings and she has a good look.

aj-michalka-at-george-segal-hollywood-walk-of-fame-ceremony-in-hollywood-02-14-2017_4-322x420.jpg

It would be so much fun to see mojoverse on screen

Sort of a post apocalyptic, cosmic Hollywood. In a sequel you could even use the x-babies

She's also been fancast in the role many times over.

I don't know how I feel about Lady Gags but if she were cast she would probably sell a ton of records, which is partly what they want for the movie. The merchandising side of it has huge potential and that's what Disney like to see as a company.

Last edited:
I love that idea! Casting lady Gaga as dazzler is so wonderfully camp it would make mamma Mia look like a zack Snyder movie!

Gaga would be perfect casting but she's far too big of a star for the role. Marvel would do better to have a massive search for an unknown singer to play Dazzler, much the same way Disney conducted a worldwide search for actor/singers to headline Mulan and Aladdin. There are so many talented people looking for a break that they would have no shortage of good candidates.

Gaga would be perfect casting but she's far too big of a star for the role. Marvel would do better to have a massive search for an unknown singer to play Dazzler, much the same way Disney conducted a worldwide search for actor/singers to headline Mulan and Aladdin. There are so many talented people looking for a break that they would have no shortage of good candidates.

Well they don't have to be THAT unknown. They could get someone like Bridgit Mendler. She's not a huge star but she's already a Disney actress and singer. There are plenty of Disney actresses who are also singers for them to choose from. Even Dove Cameron could've been a potential choice if she hadn't already been used up in Agents of SHIELD.

I can definitely see them using an existing young Disney actress who has some proven performing ability.

If they’re looking for someone less we known then it has to be Carly Rae Jepsen. She’s the perfect age actually for maximum franchise potential

If they’re looking for someone less we known then it has to be Carly Rae Jepsen. She’s the perfect age actually for maximum franchise potential

Well I wouldn't say she's less well known as such. But being known isn't such a bad thing. If someone like Britney had been in her prime, she would've been great for a role like this.

But I don't know how good Carly really would look as a strawberry blonde. I think she looks better as a brunette.

I'm not a huge Dazzler expert but I don't think she should be played by a woman in her mid-30s.

I'm not a huge Dazzler expert but I don't think she should be played by a woman in her mid-30s.

Who is in her mid 30s?

Anyway, I agree with you. I think they should get a younger woman. Either she could be late teens, early 20s or at the very most, late 20s. I think she has to have that broad pop appeal though and not seem too teeny-bopperish.

Yeah, Lady Gaga has been my choice for years, but 35 might be pushing it. That being said, I still think she could pull it off, particularly if it's not a lead role.

I think the original proposal for Dazzler was Bo Derek who was 23 in 1979 when the movie was originally proposed. Dazzler the Movie the original graphic novel came out in 81, so she would have been 25.

ETA: Dazzler the Movie came out in 84. Dazzler Vol. 1 came out in 81.

Last edited:
Yeah, Lady Gaga has been my choice for years, but 35 might be pushing it. That being said, I still think she could pull it off, particularly if it's not a lead role.

I think the original proposal for Dazzler was Bo Derek who was 23 in 1979 when the movie was originally proposed. Dazzler the Movie the original graphic novel came out in 81, so she would have been 25.

Dazzler the movie graphic novel is not the first Dazzler story though. That might not even be based entirely on the original script. Dazzler as a comic ran for a little bit before then, I'm not sure the graphic novel is "Dazzler the movie that was planned" as such. I think it's more about Dazzler becoming like a movie star and possibly having a movie made about her, and then being outed as a mutant.

So less an adaptation of Dazzler the movie and more about making a Dazzler movie within the internal universe of the comics, and having to do all these various things like fend off Weinstein-like producers and directors etc.

And there's no way they should just have Dazzler as a non-lead role in a random X-Men movie when as a character, she has so much crossover potential. Marvel need their own Dazzler movie with songs and all the other merchandising potential it could have.

I edited my post. Dazzler the Movie actually came out in 1984. Volume 1 came out in 81. The original proposed movie with Bo Derek was 1979. The character of Dazzler was intended as a movie first.

I edited my post. Dazzler the Movie actually came out in 1984. Volume 1 came out in 81. The original proposed movie with Bo Derek was 1979. The character of Dazzler was intended as a movie first.

I don't know if it was intended to actually star Bo Derek so much as simply being based on her. It was still intended as a musical movie with cross-promotional singles and records etc, which therefore required singing ability. What singing ability does Bo Derek have, much less acting ability?

If they were going to do a proper musical back then, I would've gone with someone like Olivia Newton John. Not only was she popular at the time because of Grease, but she even made a similar-themed musical with Xanadu. She was also enough like Bo Derek but had the singing credentials.

In Xanadu, she was a Greek muse who could rollerskate. It was also full of disco and lights. Yes, Xanadu was a flop because it had a meandering plot and many of the songs just played in the background instead of ONJ actually singing them as you'd normally expect which meant that the audience didn't feel engaged. But it still had some catchy numbers.

She's not rollerskating here, but this seems like it could've come from a Dazzler musical:

They should hire the Electric Light Orchestra for Dazzler. They seem a fitting band. They also did Mr Blue Sky which was featured in GOTG2.

This is what I would love to see dazzler’s powers look like on screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"