Russell Crowe Will Star in The Next Three Days

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57604
Source: Variety
July 29, 2009

Russell Crowe (upcoming Robin Hood) will star in The Next Three Days, writer/director Paul Haggis' adaptation of the 2008 French film Pour Elle at Lionsgate.

Variety says Crowe will play a teacher whose wife is arrested and convicted of a murder she says she did not commit. He comes up with a desperate plan to free her.

Haggis will begin production in late September in Pittsburgh.

Crowe is always good value and I like the sound of the story.

What will he be starring in in the next three days???? I need to know!!!!!

:oldrazz:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59575

Wilde and Tucker Board The Next Three Days

Source:The Hollywood Reporter
September 28, 2009

Olivia Wilde and Jonathan Tucker have joined the cast of The Next Three Days, Paul Haggis' thriller at Lionsgate.

Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks topline the movie, which revolves around a woman imprisoned for a murder she claims she didn't commit and her husband who tries to vindicate her.

Wilde will play a young mother who befriends the husband; Tucker will play a street tough running a meth lab.

Shooting begins this week in Pittsburgh.

I'm still pissed that I missed Pour elle in theaters this summer.

I just watched Pour elle. It was ok, could have been much better. A rare case when I don't mind a remake. Especially with Haggis & Crowe.

Crowe is the best. Just saw Gladiator again on cable tv last weekend. Awesome stuff. Sad ending though. At least he avenged his lost and troubles in life.

The Next Three Days ,New film from Paul Haggis(Crash)
[SIZE=-1]Life seems perfect for John Brennan(Russell Crow) until his wife, Lara(Elizabeth Banks), is arrested for a gruesome murder she says she didn't commit. Three years into her sentence, John is struggling to hold his family together, raising their son and teaching at college while he pursues every means available to prove her innocence. With the rejection of their final appeal, Lara becomes suicidal and John decides there is only one possible, bearable solution: to break his wife out of prison. Refusing to be deterred by impossible odds or his own inexperience, John devises an elaborate escape plot and plunges into a dangerous and unfamiliar world, ultimately risking everything for the woman he loves. [/SIZE]
Starring Russell Crow,Elizabeth Banks,Liam Neeson,Olivia Wilde

trailer
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810117984/trailer

I bought the French film but haven't watched it yet, but judging by the trailer it seems this version goes in a different direction, and it looks great to me.

I hope the wife is revealed to be the murderer and decapitates the husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"