Gere and Grace to Star in The Double

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65579
Source: Variety
April 28, 2010

Richard Gere and Topher Grace will star in Hyde Park and Imagenation Abu Dhabi's The Double, reports Variety.

The espionage thriller will mark the directorial debut of Michael Brandt, who along with his writing partner Derek Haas penned such scripts as Wanted and 3:10 to Yuma.

The trade says the "story kicks off with the mysterious murder of a senator bearing the distinguished marks of a Soviet assassin, code-named Cassius, who was long thought to be dead. To hunt down the killer, a retired CIA operative (Gere), who spent his career going toe-to-toe with his Soviet nemeses, is teamed with a young FBI agent (Grace)."

Filming will start this June in Detroit.

Not a big fan of either actor but I do love an espionage thriller so I'll probably give this a chance.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66971

Katic and Yustman Join The Double

Source: Heat Vision
June 10, 2010

Stana Katic ("Castle") and Odette Yustman have joined the cast of The Double, the spy thriller to be directed by Michael Brandt. Brandt wrote the script with his partner Derek Haas.

The story kicks off with the mysterious murder of a senator bearing the distinguished marks of a Soviet assassin, code-named Cassius, who was long thought to be dead. To hunt down the killer, a retired CIA operative (Richard Gere), who spent his career going toe-to-toe with his Soviet nemeses, is teamed with a young FBI agent (Topher Grace).

Katic plays a feisty Russian prostitute who fiercely protects key information.

Yustman has the role of Grace's character's wife, a strong woman who raises a family while coping with her husband's Bureau career.

"True Blood" star Stephen Moyer joined the cast earlier this week. Production begins June 21 in Detroit.

Mmmmmm Stana.
beatheart.gif

Sounds pretty cool for the most part. Can't remember the last time I saw a film dealing with espionage lately.

Wait did they give away the twist in the trailer?:huh:

I just saw the trailer and was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that's not the real twist, or only twist, otherwise that definitely sucks.

Is it me, or does this seem like a straight to DVD movie hoping to cash in on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". The production quality does not seem very high. Also, they gave away the twist, WTF!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"