Iron Man S.H.I.E.L.D. in Iron Man Closing

I am Batman

Civilian
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the SHIELD logo in the Iron Man closing animations on the LG site? Does this mean we can look forward to Nick Fury?

Screenshot-5.png

Doesn't SHIELD stand for

Strategic
Hazard
Intervention and
Espionage
Logistics
Directorate?

Wouldn't be the first time somebody changed it to suit their purposes.

Don't know for sure. There was a scene with SHIELD in the novelization, but Nick Furry was not in the scene. So it's still up in the air. I can't see them having SHIELD agents though and not Nick Furry.

Don't know for sure. There was a scene with SHIELD in the novelization, but Nick Furry was not in the scene. So it's still up in the air. I can't see them having SHIELD agents though and not Nick Furry.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Though, there big Marvel character interaction is probably in The Incredible Hulk between Tony Stark and General Thunderbolt Ross.

There's lots of Marvel references other than the Iron Man one in both TIH and IM from what I've heard around the hype.

Interesting. Although it spells SHIEDL.

Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement - Logistics Department.

Spells SHIELD to me.

There's a rumor Nick Fury scene was preserved fot a after credits cameo, only avaiable when the movie come out.

I might be reading a little too much into the closing animation but I get the feeling that SHIELD has the Iron Man suits designs.

Nick Furry? :huh: Is he a mutant now?

Doesn't SHIELD stand for

Strategic
Hazard
Intervention and
Espionage
Logistics
Directorate?

Yeah but they came up with that name back in the 60's, where espionage was a big buzz word with the cold war.

The acronym for the movie certainly reflect more modern times, with the Department of Homland Security and all. In any case, as long as they refer to it as S.H.I.E.L.D. does it really matter?

Yeah but they came up with that name back in the 60's, where espionage was a big buzz word with the cold war.

The acronym for the movie certainly reflect more modern times, with the Department of Homland Security and all. In any case, as long as they refer to it as S.H.I.E.L.D. does it really matter?

Honestly it shouldn't, but there will be people who take exception with small details like that (see the Batman forums for reference) and while I do it myself in some instances I think for the majority of people watching it won't pose much of an issue.

originaly SHIELD was the Supreme Headquarters International Law enforcement Dvision,but was changed when the current source of the acronym was created in the what if story what if captain america had not been frozen in ww2

I've read the offical book for the movie and shield is in it but no Nick Fury, and shield is mentioned about 4 times throughout the book. so it might be more in the movie.

People who has seen the movie on the screenings and many websites confirmed the cameo of Nick Fury after the end credits. It's official.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"