Iron Man 2 Jackson Signs NINE Picture deal to play Fury

Lobo

Daisy is <3
Reaction score
Yes, you read right, NINE

Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety
February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group.

Holy S***. Well, I'm certainly not complaining.

motherofgoddn2.jpg

Judas Priest! Nine?! :eek:
I know the prospects for such are slim, but I like the ambition in even referencing that number.

I never saw Jackson's potential absence as a 'the sky is falling' scenario, but I'm glad this has been worked out.

It's actually a 10 pic deal. IM2 and options on 9 future pics :D

Now all we need is for Howard to come back on board, not that I have anything against Cheadle, but Howard was embodied Starks right hand man more.

WOW.... potential for nine movies? Ironman 2/3, Thor, Cap, Avengers, thats 5 right there.... wonder what other movies Marvel is planning! lol

either way, great job Marvel!!!

WOW.... potential for nine movies? Ironman 2/3, Thor, Cap, Avengers, thats 5 right there.... wonder what other movies Marvel is planning! lol

Namor, more Hulk, who knows?

Lobo, can you copy this into the Marvel Movies thread as well, since it's technically gonna be news considering every other Marvel flick after IM2.

What was this about Marvel low-balling all the actors and screwing them out of the movie?

I thought Samuel L. Jackson was gone according to some posters here.

What was this about Marvel low-balling all the actors and screwing them out of the movie?

I thought Samuel L. Jackson was gone according to some posters here.

Yeah, Samuel L Jackson himself saying he may not be reprising the role of Nick Fury can lead to people jumping to groundless conclusions. :whatever:

Why is there always someone who has to spoil good news by gloating about it?

Glad to see Marvel and Sam come to an agreement, I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Nick Fury and was super thrilled to see him in Iron Man, Favreau indicated that Fury would have a much bigger role and it would not be cool seeing someone as Fury.

A Nick Fury, or SHIELD movie would be 6, plus potential sequels to that, and Avengers sequels.

Finally some good news. NOW....... let's get Terrance Howard back. :woot:

Well...Marvel sounds like their getting serious at least.

GREAT news!!

Now hopefully we can get Rourke and a suitable replacement for Black Widow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"