Sam Raimi Directing New Horror Film!!

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Sam Raimi, Columbia Team for Horror Thriller (Exclusive)

The director is reteaming with his Spider-Man studio, Columbia Pictures, for an untitled horror project.

Mark Swift and Damian Shannon, who wrote 2009’s reboot of Friday the 13th, will write the script based on their original idea. Raimi will direct and produce via his Raimi Productions. The company’s Zainab Azizi will also produce.

Details are being kept far from shore but sources say the project is being described as “Misery meets Cast Away” in tone. Misery is the Stephen King novel that centered on an author who suffers a car accident and is then saved by his biggest fan, who turns out to be psychotically homicidal. Cast Away was the 2000 drama that starred Tom Hanks as a man struggling to survive after being stranded on a deserted island.

The project was due to hit buyers Wednesday and Thursday but once Columbia heard the pitch, it moved quickly and aggressively to take it off the table. Andrea Giannetti will oversee for the studio.

“I am thrilled to be reunited with Columbia Pictures and re-teaming with Sanford (Panitch, Sony’s motion pictures group president) and Ange (Giannetti),” said Raimi in a statement. “I have been a fan of Shannon and Swift and we have found the perfect adventure to share with the world.”

Misery meets Cast Away? Interesting!

Concept sounds interesting, plus I'm in with whatever Sam Raimi is cooking.

Glad to hear he’s going to direct something again. Concept sounds intriguing.

I'm down. He's been away for far too long.

I'll watch anything Raimi directs so I'm hyped!

It's been too long since he made a movie. I miss the guy. He's one of my favorite directors. I'm thrilled he's back.

I can't believe it's been 6 years since Oz, The Great and Powerful.

Raimi and horror is an unbeatable combination, so I'm excited.

i-need-it-spongebob.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"